38. Bloody Idiocy

1018 Words Excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written November 22 2022
Posted November 27 2022

NEXT UPDATE is on December 11 2022

Shinichi swallowed, Kaito had a point. The magician's fangs could possibly be classified as weapons. He knew from experience that said fangs tore through flesh with ease though... "I'm pretty sure you'd have enough control over yourself not to do more damage than necessary" Shinichi smiled. No matter what there'd be at least some damage, but he trusted that said damage would be minimal.

Kaito frowned at a vegetable spring roll that he'd picked apart. It was 98% beansprouts. a letdown "I wouldn't count on that" He sighed, deciding to skip the vegetable rolls "I've only bitten two people" That he knew of. There was a good chance that he'd gotten some crows as well "I killed the first person and barely managed to stop myself from killing you" Kaito's tone was soft, sad.

"I know that" The sleuth agreed with a nod, eating some greasy noodles before continuing "But your instincts are no longer new and you're not starving for blood" He paused, then looked away, what was he even thinking? For some reason, the idea was really attractive to him "I wouldn't mind letting you have some of my blood off and on" It was stupid, but the words came out of his mouth anyways.

Kaito choked on some of the broccoli that he'd been in the middle of swallowing. A small coughing fit later cleared his airways, though it left his throat feeling a bit rough "What?" He asked, incredulous as he wiped away the tears his coughing had brought about. Of all the things he'd been expecting Shinichi to say, that was NOT one of them.

Shinichi looked away, a faint flush tinting his cheeks. His body felt all warm "I really wouldn't mind helping you, and you drinking my blood..." He paused, not meeting Kaito's gaze "I think I'd really like that"

Red eyes narrowed, a small frown curling at Kaito's lips. Shinichi's actions were too forward and out of character. At least they were considering how new their relationship was... Kaito really wasn't sure how things between them would change once they'd been dating for long, but he knew one thing. Shinichi tended to move slowly when it came to relationships "You're acting a bit out of character"

The sleuth was silent for a few moments as he contemplated the other's words. A frown then appeared on his lips, brows furrowing as he gave a small nod "You're right" Azure narrowed in thought "Though now that I'm thinking about it, I actually think that I'd be fine if you drank from my wrist or something..." He trailed off.

"But?" Kaito asked, prompting Shinichi to continue.

"But you're right, I shouldn't want you to drink my blood as much as I do" The sleuth agreed, sounding both conflicted and embarrassed. He really really wanted Kaito to feed from him, but the sheer level of said want was too high for it to be natural. He eyed Kaito curiously, did he develop an ability to subconsciously lure people in to feed off of them? He didn't feel enthralled, but wasn't that the point?

Kaito chewed on his own lip, thinking back on the day's events "You licked up some of my blood, did that do something to you?" He really hoped not, that was worrying.

Shinichi's expression pinched at the thought "I think we should talk to our local vampire expert" That meant Ai of course. Hopefully there was nothing wrong and his hormones were just acting funny, it happened sometimes. Though no matter what, he was sure that he'd be getting a scolding from her because licking up blood was just a generally bad idea in the first place, especially Kaito's.

"Yeah" Kaito cringed, he already wasn't looking forward to the upcoming conversation. It was needed though, it would be just plain stupid if they skipped the conversation.

Shoulders slumping, Shinichi sighed "Let's finish our meal first" Though he wasn't feeling all that hungry anymore if he were to be honest. Any sort of scolding from Ai was enough for him to lose his appetite. Ai could be absolutely vicious with her words when she wanted to be, nobody ever wanted to be on her bad side because of this.

Kaito hummed "I suddenly don't feel as eager to eat anymore" He poked at the remainder of the food on his plate. The greasy takeout just didn't seem as appetizing as it had just moments ago. He drained his blood laced drink.

"Same..." And that was such a shame too. At least the food made for some good leftovers if heated up correctly. They just sat there in silence for a few moments, neither one of them wanting to actually get up and face what would no doubt be Ai's anger. At the very least, she'd made them both feel like stupid idiots.

After around five minutes, Kaito gave in "Alright, lets just store the leftovers for later and just deal with the problem" Holding it off would just make matters worse "We should just get it done and over with"

Shinichi frowned "But first lets put each dish into their own separate container and make sure they fit well in the fridge"

Kaito blinked "Wouldn't storing everything in their takeout containers be just fine?" It wasn't like the food was luxurious enough to need perfect storage.

"They usually work just fine, but I want to store everything properly for a change" Shinichi smiled "Though, the containers should be washed first since they haven't been used in a while" The sleuth added, heading towards the cupboards.

The magician raised a brow, amusement cushioning his nervousness "You're just stalling aren't you?" Shinichi was never this meticulous when it came to dealing with the leftovers. The sleuth often just placed plastic wrap over food once it has cooled down enough.

Shinichi grimaced "You're not the one who did something stupid, so you don't have as much to worry about" Kaito hadn't done anything wrong, he was the one who'd done something stupid.

"Yeah" Kaito was quick to agree, it didn't matter how hot the sleuth had looked when licking his blood "But I'm plenty sure the little scientist will still find a reason to scold me"

Me: Oh no... A scolding from a scary scientist

Comment? ^-^

Gah, I hate when my apartment turns on the intercom, it always startles me >^< Hate alarm tests

.... On Sundays, people are disgusting as they check out of hotels. If you guys ever go to a hotel, please dump liquids, it costs so much time to dump out all bottles QAQ