27. Bloody Wrath

1021 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written June 10 2022
Posted June 26 2022

NEXT UPDATE is on July 10 2022

Ran didn't know what to think, vampires were real, and Shinichi was living with one! Were other supernatural creatures real as well? From what Shinichi had told her, he and Kaito didn't really know much about the supernatural, and that they were still learning things about Kaito. That was scary, she knew that Shinichi was fond of Kaito, but he didn't seem to be the least worried about his own safety! Kaito had already admitted that he's already attacked Shinichi once already.

"Why do you always get yourself into these kinds of messes?" Ran sighed, knowing that sending Kaito somewhere else wouldn't be an option "Why you of all people? Couldn't he have gone to someone else?" She didn't recognize Kaito, so she doubted that they've known each other for too long.

Shinichi shook his head, glad that Ran had started to calm down, at least a little bit "Kuroba doesn't really have anyone that he could go to" He paused, shoulders slumping "He's Kaitou Kid, so his relationships are strained from trying to keep those around him in the dark..." Kaito had already revealed a big secret, so he might as well add some familiarity to the magician's case.

Ran stuttered, blue eyes wide with shock "He's Kid?!" She shook her head, trying to see the connections in them "I don't see it, Kid is..."

A sad smile pulled at the sleuth's lips "Kid is loud, energetic, mysterious, and confident, right?" At Ran's silent nod he let out a sigh "It's the truth, and he's currently going through a lot right now" He wanted Ran to at least sympathize with the thief "He really hurt someone that he was close to when he first changed"

Nervous, Ran swallowed "What do you mean by hurt?" It wasn't like Shinichi to be vague unless it was something bad.

Shinichi looked away, avoiding Ran's gaze "Kaito's pretty sure that he killed them" It would honestly be worrying if someone besides Kaito had killed the London detective with how bad the body had apparently looked. He grimaced "I'd like to believe him, otherwise, it would mean that there's something dangerous on the loose out there"

Ran paled, blood chilling at the other's words "Killed?!" It seemed too unreal "He killed someone?!" She'd never been close to Kaitou Kid, but she'd become confident enough to know that the thief would never hurt someone. It was why his heists were always so crowded, because he wasn't a dangerous criminal, in fact, the guy would sooner break his disguise to save someone than keep it for his own safety.

"He did" The sleuth agreed solemnly "Kuroba was probably overwhelmed by the change and running on just pure instincts" He risked a glance at Ran, feeling bad at how horrified she seemed "I'm sure that his instincts brought him to me so that I could help him..." He subconsciously touched the spot on his neck where Kaito had bitten him. Somehow, it hadn't scarred.

"He attacked you then?" Ran's brows furrowed with confusion.

"Yeah, but he snapped out of it" Shinichi admitted. Choosing not to add that he'd have most likely died if Kaito hadn't come back to his senses. The magician was stronger than most humans, and had been terrifying to try and fail to escape from. He'd been helpless, unable to save himself. When Shinichi continued, his voice was soft "Kuroba seemed so defeated, he was fine with being put down" Like an animal "He's a very kind person, he's terrified of hurting someone"

Ran bit her lip, while Kaito being a vampire still frightened her, she couldn't help but feel for him "Have there been any more... Incidents?" She cringed a bit at her phrasing.

"No" This time Shinichi was able to offer a more pleasant response "Kuroba's been adapting, but he hasn't hurt anyone besides himself, and that was only one time in the beginning" He was proud of the other's progress.

Shinichi didn't seem to be lying, so that was good... Kaitou Kid was an annoying pervert, but he was also a good person "You were shocked when he told me" It wasn't a question.

The sleuth grimaced, suddenly feeling guilty "You don't like supernatural stuff, I didn't want to scare you" He looked away "Kuroba threw himself under the bus for me..."

Slightly ticked at how Shinichi had been planning to lie to her, again, Ran let out a breath "He really is a kind person..." She would feel bad if she turned him in... She blinked, suddenly realizing something "It would be bad if he got arrested, wouldn't it?"

"Yeah, that's the only reason why he didn't turn himself in. Nobody would believe him until it was too late" He was actually a bit grateful about that. It had given him the chance to befriend the magician. His expression darkened as he thought on it more "He'd probably kill himself to protect everyone, or fail and end up killing people once he broke out of his restraints" He sighed "I guess it's a good thing he seems to be done with being Kaitou Kid" His chances of being arrested were now lower, not that they were even that high in the first place.

Poor thing, the magician's whole situation seemed to be just so sad. Ran couldn't just try to keep him away from her friend, the guy needed the support "I was going to try to get him away from you" She noted how Shinichi seemed to tense "But I've decided not to, it wouldn't be right" She sighed. It would be heartless of her if she were to disrupt the magician's healing just because she was afraid. Ran gave Shinichi a stern look "You better not lie to me about anything relating to this though"

Shinichi was quick to nod in agreement, afraid of the karate master's wrath "Of course, I'll do my best to be honest"

Ran continued to stare at the sleuth for a few more moments before relenting her gaze "Good, I'm done with you lying to me so I won't be quick to forgive you if it happens again" Shinichi was very lucky that Kaito had saved him from making a big mistake.

Me: Angry Ran is a scary Ran~

Comment? ^-^

Gah... Today will be day 6 of working in a row... •3• my job is a very physical one too

On one day 3 people didn't show up, and it's not a job that has any idle waiting, it takes a specific amount of time to clean rooms, so missing people is very bad

Oh and a washer broke that day too °-° so laundry got really backed up

I don't know why they wouldn't give notice... The manager is very nice, gives gifts and food and if we doo good, we earn points that we can eventually redeem for stuff

My mom said that it's because loyalty is rare and the job is hard so they probably left to find a job with less work required

Rude •^• they are! Why would they go for a job where they probably won't be valued?

I'm often told that I'm really appreciated by the manager ^-^