14. Adventurous Blood

1021 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written December 31 2021
Posted January 13 2022

With the introduction of the bands to Kaito's life, the magician was feeling a bit better about leaving the house. He wasn't eager to leave, not at all. The bands just made him feel less dangerous for the times when he had to leave the house. The sleuth was wording things nicely, but Kaito knew that Shinichi wanted him to eventually put his life back together.

It wasn't going to happen, his old life wasn't something that he wanted to go back to. Not after what he'd done. Kaito nuzzled Tsuki, glad that he didn't seem drawn to her blood like he was with the sleuth. Was it because he's already had a taste of Shinichi's blood? The sleuth's neighbours didn't seem as appetizing as the sleuth himself. He's only really been around three people after becoming a vampire, so there still wasn't enough evidence to prove or disprove anything. Kaito wasn't even sure or not if he wanted to only be drawn to one person's blood.

Kaito sighed, glancing down at the bands that were wrapped around his wrists. He didn't want to go out... But Shinichi was going to the store soon. The sleuth hadn't said anything, but Kaito knew that the other wanted him to accompany him. Shinichi wanted that because he cared about him, and wanted to actually be friends with him.

The thought of becoming real friends with the other still sounded odd, especially since the sleuth wasn't really the kind of person to actively try to befriend someone. To his knowledge, he would actually be the first person that Shinichi has actually decided to befriend. It made Kaito feel both special and wary. Special because he'd been chosen, but wary because he was the first. If he reacted too negatively, it might discourage the other from attempting the same thing with someone else. Shinichi wasn't really outgoing in that sort of way, but the guy deserved more friends than the ones he already had.

He needed to ignore the part of him that was actually excited to potentially befriend the other. Things were different now, more dangerous than a simple thief and detective friendship. He was capable of really harming the other, again. Kaito could easily remember the delicious taste of Shinichi's blood, the thrumming pulse as he drained the other. He subtly swallowed the drool that'd accumulated in his mouth at the thought. It hadn't even been a long thought yet it'd reduced him to salivating over Shinichi's blood.

Leaving would be the smart thing to do, easy too. He should have done so sooner, before Shinichi had shown him all of the kindness that he had. Now the thought of leaving... It wasn't as appealing. Shinichi was strangely hopeful about his control, which was odd because it was usually himself that was more hopeful compared to the sleuth. Kaito wanted to be hopeful, his progress so far was making it hard not to be hopeful. But, what if being hopeful made him too lax?

Kaito felt sick, the stress making him feel physically ill as if he were going to throw up. The magician scowled, throwing up probably wouldn't help with his nutrient balance... He wouldn't be able to absorb what he needed if it left his system too early. That was something that he'd need to keep in mind the next time he got sick.

Movement near the door caught Kaito's attention. Shinichi was starting to leave. Still feeling sick, Kaito hurried over "I'll go too" There, he's said it. Now he couldn't back down. Kaito hurriedly covered himself with his special sunscreen, already regretting opening his mouth.

Shinichi eyed Kaito with a mixture of both concern and confusion "You don't have to push yourself so hard yet. Kaito had been staring off into space for a good while, looking very conflicted as he did so.

Kaito shook his head, offering a tense smile "No, I'll never be ready so I might as well just go for it" He put on a light green baseball cap, his usual black one would attract the sun more.

The sleuth glanced up at the sky, it was clear, allowing the sun to shine down. It was a beautiful day "Tomorrow should be more cloudy" Kaito's first day outing after becoming a vampire shouldn't be done on a very sunny day.

"I'll probably lose my nerve if I wait too long" Kaito admitted. He patted the dark water bottles that were clipped to each side of his hip "I've got lots of blood to last me to the store" The store wasn't that far away and he had enough blood to last him a good few hours at the very least.

Shinichi eyed Kaito then nodded, offering a reassuring smile "I trust that you'll be fine, so have some more faith in yourself" The magician was scared and it didn't sit right with him. He gave Kaito's shoulder a reassuring squeeze "You can make the impossible possible you know"

Kaito looked away, ears warming at the praise despite the awkward delivery. Flowery praise wasn't something Shinichi did often... Except for when Sherlock Holmes is involved "I'll try..."

Azure softened "I'll show you that you're more capable than you think you are" He'll work on reminding the other of the confidence that he once had. When he stepped out the door, he paused to see that Kaito was nervously lingering in the doorway. So the magician needed a little bit of a push... Shinichi awkwardly reached for Kaito's left hand, taking it to lead the other out of the house.

The magician took his hand back after the first few steps, looking embarrassed that he'd needed to be led out of the house like a child "What are we picking up?" The sunlight felt heavy on his skin, too warm for him to feel comfortable but not heated enough to burn him. He didn't like it. He'd have to get used to it though.

Shinichi hummed, pleased that Kaito had actually managed to leave the house with him "Some bird supplies and some groceries. Kaito went through a lot of fruit, eating more to quell a hunger that couldn't be quelled that way.

Me: So Kaito is finally going outside during the day~

Comment? ^-^

>~< I bought lots of wraps yesterday.... But I forgot about pie QAQ it was on sale

I love blueberry pie, I dislike strawberry rhubarb because it tastes funny. Pumpkin is fine, lemon is rastey and apple is iffy

That's all the normal pies that I've eaten, without counting cheesecake which is actually pie

Cheesepie... =~= hmm doesn't sound as tasty as cheesecake