32. Bloody Argument?

1014 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written August 31 2022
Posted September 4 0222

NEXT UPDATE is in September 18 2022

The ravenous hunger that met Kaito when he woke up wasn't anything new. He just downed the offered blood, a lot of it. The magician wasn't stupid, he'd realized that he was undoubtedly being cut open or something. He wouldn't need to consume so much blood afterwards if it wasn't the case. Even after sleeping through a whole night without waking up for any blood, he didn't need to drink so much when he woke.

It confused him on why the little scientist was still cutting him open, sure at the start it was somewhat expected... But it's been going on for a while. Hunger now sated, Kaito turned towards Ai "Do I need to watch out for anything?" He inquired, noting how she looked spooked. Well, she looked normal, but he was a pro at reading people. The tiny scientist was a good actor, but he was better.

Ai shook her head "No, you can continue as you were before" She paused "Just keep track of your blood intake, I'm close to perfecting a good synthetic blood for you" It wasn't truly synthetic, but instead used the magician's own blood as a base, changing it just enough for it to register as blood that wasn't his own. For some reason, Kaito's blood cells were easier to duplicate than any other blood that she'd encountered. It was likely due to how quickly his body could produce it. Using the same methods on blood that didn't belong to Kaito had zero success.

Kaito tilted his head "I hope it'll taste fresh" Fresh blood was the best, even with the little experience he's had of drinking it.

"A fair amount of the blood you've been getting has been fresh" Ai stated with a frown. The fresher the blood, the more nutritious it seemed to be for him.

Looking away, Kaito's shoulders slumped "It is nice... but I sometimes can't stop thinking about how good actual fresh blood is" Shinichi's blood had been so good, he wanted more of it.

"I'll see if less preservatives could be used, but blood spoils so easily" It would probably be a more expensive process, but the sleuth would be able to afford it.

Kaito nodded, it wasn't like he could just tell her that he wanted freshly spilled blood. That would just freak her out or make her scared of him once more "Okay thanks" He really really hoped that the lessened preservatives would make it taste closer to what he wanted.

The tiny scientist eyed the other "Have you been having the craving to bite anybody recently?" Kaito's response had been somewhat subdued, and her findings today had been very worrying.

"I'm not going to attack anyone" Kaito stated firmly, red eyes steady with conviction. He'd sooner end his life than harm someone because of his instincts, especially since he's gotten so good at keeping himself sane.

That wasn't a denial, Ai narrowed her gaze. The magician was smart in not lying to her, lies in this case could be dangerous "The craving is only natural you know, it's in your biological nature whether you like it or not" She checked the time, it was nearing four in the morning "Repression can be dangerous" One could only repress things so much until it was no longer an option.

"It's not like I have a choice you know" Kaito huffed, crossing his arms "Not to mention it's illegal, immoral, and just plain dangerous to do anything but repress" Species change or not, it wasn't in his moral nature to harm people.

Ai nodded, having expected the response "You're not contagious" For that, she would forever be thankful for. She tilted her head "Taking a bit of blood off and on from random drunks wouldn't hurt anyone" She wasn't sure if she should encourage this, but it was better to have a free vampire than a ticking time bomb that would eventually snap and cause irreversible damage. She sighed "You can tell if blood is tainted, so you could leave a note to warn them afterwards"

Kaito gave her an incredulous look "Leaving notes isn't exactly low profile you know" Had the tiny scientist lost her marbles? "I left notes as Kid to attract attention, doing the same for that is just stupid" She was supposed to be the extremely paranoid one! This didn't make any sense at all.

"It would attract attention yes" Ai agreed "But you'd be known as a mysterious person who warns others that they might have diseased blood" She shrugged "Once you're persona is well known enough, you'll be able to potentially save lives by giving them that extra time to fix things" Fuelling his need to help others would be beneficial "You'd be helping people, and preventing yourself from breaking under pressure by being able to act on your needs" Ai smirked "People may even start seeking you out and offering you their blood"

"Kudo-kun would find out in no time" Kaito refuted "And I really doubt that he'll agree with your plan" Actually, there was a chance that he would, especially if it could save lives . He continued, this time his tone was slightly softer "I also don't know if I'd be able to stop with just a bit of fresh blood" He looked away, ashamed "I can't stop thinking about Kudo-kun's blood, how good it was to taste" His mouth was already watering at the thought of it.

Ai wasn't really all that surprised by the admission, it was actually expected "You stopped yourself from killing Kudo even when you weren't really all that sane, you'll be able to stop yourself"

"Thanks, but I think that I'll stick with bottled blood" Kaito breathed. The idea was enticing, but he didn't want to risk it.

"It's too dangerous for you to be repressed" Ai stated the fact like it was.

Kaito frowned "Not really, I've been improving a lot" Sure he wasn't anywhere near perfect or able to function for too long outside, but it was still progress.

"Things are different now" Ai sighed "You're basically a living corpse that isn't rotting, your body is just imitating the state of being alive"

Me: So Ai spilled the truth... How will Kaito react?

Comment? ^-^

...>^< There has been a fly annoying me as I wrote this, why do they have to be so annoying?!