Chapter 43

Gemma's P.O.V
"Are you sure?" Tyreese asks, looking at me with concern.

I shake my head, "No."

He pulls me against him, careful not to hurt Judith in the process. Judith's knee hits my side and I stifle a hiss of pain.

"I'll look after you. It'll be okay." He soothes.

I sigh and lean against him, holding him tightly. I look out the window, "It's awfully quiet."

"Maybe they're safe." He smiles.

"Let's hope so." He says.

I turn and look at the guy on the floor, "What are we gonna do about him?"

"Leave him, he won't hurt us no more." Tyreese says, picking up a box.

He walks out carrying the box and I follow him, shutting the door behind us. I look forward and see Rick and Carl rushing towards me. I run forward and they tackle me in a hug, Rick grabbing Judith. They block my view of everyone else as Carl holds onto me tightly, as well as Rick.

"I'm so glad you're alive." Rick says to me.

"You too." I say, hugging him properly.

My eyes drift to the group and I see Carol smiling at me and my eyes go over the group. A figure emerges from the back and I gasp in shock, pulling away from Rick. He looks at me, his face contorting in happiness as he drops his crossbow. I push away from them and run towards him and he catches me, my legs wrapping around his waist. His arms are on my back, my arms are around his neck and I sob into his shoulder, in a world of our own.

"I knew I'd find you." I whisper in his ear.

"I never stopped looking." He whispers back.

I pull back and look into his face, moving the hair from his eyes. I grab his face in my hands and pull it to mine, placing a long passionate kiss on his lips. His fingers need into my back and mine tangle in his hair, our lips moving in sync. I places kisses all over his face, kissing every cut and bruise. He wipes my tears away and kisses me again as I sniffle, placing my feet on the ground.

"What happened to your face?" I ask, my fingers fluttering.

"Met some unfriendly types." He mutters.

I nod my head and think of the Claimers, "I get it."

I turn and see Carol looking at us with a smile on her face and I rush to her, holding her in my arms.

"Thank you for brining him back to me." I whisper.

"You're welcome."

I turn and see Carl holding onto Judith with Rick by his side. I see Tyreese looking at me with sadness and I nod my head and make my way over to him.

"You gonna tell them?" He asks.

I shake my head, "Not yet. Let this just be a time of celebration."

He nods his head and I see Daryl walking up to me and I smile, pulling him against me.

"I don't know if the fires still burning." Rick says.

"It is." Carol confirms.

"Yeah, we need to go." Rick says.

"Where?" Daryl asks.

"Somewhere far away from there." Rick says, walking towards us.

Daryl nods and clasps his arm before kissing me and walking off. Rick looks at me and smiles, "I still can't believe you're here."