Chapter 37

Gemma's P.O.V
My eyes flutter open due to the soft light shining in my face. I rub them and let out a yawn as I adjust to my surroundings. I turn my head and see Daryl's face behind mine, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I smile and bring his hand up to my mouth and place a gently kiss on it. His arms pull me closer and I hear him yawn in my ear. I turn in his arms to face him, my hand resting on the side of his face.

"Good Morning." I whisper.

He opens his eyes to reveal those Georgian blues, looking into my own, "Morning." He says is a sexy morning voice.

I lean forward and kiss him, my hand grabbing his hair. His hand slides down my side and hitches my leg to his hip as he rolls me onto my back. I free my other hand and reunite it with the other, grabbing a fist full of hair. Daryl's thumb rubs circles on my waist as the other holds my upper back. He moves his lips to my neck and leaves long, sweet kisses there. I lay my head back and sigh in content, "I could get used to this."

"Get used to it." He murmurs against my skin.

I let out a laugh when I hear a muffled gunshot. We both sit up and look towards the prison, "Was that the cell block?" I ask as another goes off.

"Get dressed." He says, standing up quickly.

He offers me a hand up and we both throw on our clothes and rush down the stairs with our weapons. We get through the door and I hear some yelling, "Help! Help!"

"Cell blocks?!" I hear Maggie yell from the other guard tower.

"I don't know!" Rick yells back.

Daryl and I rush towards cell block D where a distraught Lizzie and Mika stand by Carol, "What happened?!" I yell.

"Walkers in D!" Glenn yells.

"What about C?" Rick yells back.

"It's clear, we locked the gates to the tombs. Hershel's on guard." Sasha says, running towards D.

"It ain't a breach!" Tyreese yells.

"We follow the plan!" She commands.

We run through the door to cell block D and hear the screams and gunshots become louder. I see a walker standing by the door and I thrust my machete into its head. A woman screams and runs into me, I catch her with ease, "Get out now!" I yell, pushing her towards the door.

I turn and see Daryl running towards a little boy and I chase after him as he picks him up and shoots the walker. I grab the arrow as he passes the boy to Karen and I run up the stairs and see three walkers converging on a little girl.

"Somebody help me!" I yell.

I rush forward and take one down, kicking it over the edge. I push the other one out of the way and take down the third quickly. I push her behind my back and turn to see the walker inches from my face. I hold my arms out as it snaps for me, "Go!" I yell at her.

She runs past me as the walker pushes me against the wall and I grunt. I push as hard as I can and the walker stumbles back for a moment before coming at me again. I go to kill it when an arrow pierces it's head and it falls to the ground. I look up and see Daryl looking at me in relief and I rush forward and throw my arms around his neck.

"Are we clear down here?" I hear Rick yell.

"Yeah."

"What about up here?" Rick yells.

I let go of Daryl and I see Glenn checking further ahead. He peers into a cell when a walker slams him against the wall.

"Down!" Daryl yells.