Chapter 61

Gemma's P.O.V
I sit in the back of the car with Carl and Judith by my side. Judith is asleep on our laps, her soft breathing in the air. I stretch my neck, trying to remove the stiffness. I lay on the uncomfortable hardwood floor with Daryl's jacket as the only sort of bedding. We woke up early this morning to get on the road and we have been driving for a couple of hours now. Suddenly the car begins to slow down.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"The RV's pulling over." Rick says.

We park the car and Rick gets out, walking towards the RV. I roll the window down in the car and the hot air filters inside the cab. The car door opens and Rick looks at us, "The battery's flat."

I sigh and open the car door, wanting to get out of the hot car. Everyone files out of the vehicles as Glenn and Abraham try to solve the problem. I decide to go for a walk along the side of the road, getting some fresh air. The sun beats down on my back and I can feel my skin begins to burn. The tree line is a vibrant green, the colours beautiful. I can hear the quietness of the nature, peaceful and calm. I wonder is Alexandria will be this peaceful? If it's a place we could potentially spend the rest of our lives.

"Gemma, let's go!"

I turn and see Noah calling me over. I turn and make my way back to the car, slipping in the car beside Carl. I lay my head back on the seat and close my eyes, hoping to rest for the rest of the journey. Soon enough, I feel the car pull up and I open my eyes to see the massive walls surrounding the community. I see Rick staring intently ahead and then a his lips twitch up as he exchanges a look with Michonne.

"Ready?" She asks.

Rick nods and I open the door and get out of the car, closing the door behind me. I stare at the walls in wonder, hope warming my chest. The doors slide open and we follow cautiously after Eric and Aaron. We stop in front of the gate, looking inside. A can to the side Knicks over and I turn just in time to see an arrow enter the animal. The door slides open further to reveal a man, looking at us warily.

"We brought dinner." Daryl mutters.

"It's okay, come on in guys." Aaron's gestures.

We walk in slowly, my eyes taking in everything. The gates slide shut behind us after we've all entered.

"Before we take this any further I want you all to turn over your weapons. You stay, you hand them over." The guys says.

"We don't know if we wanna stay." Rick says, stepping forward.

"It's fine Nicholas." Aaron states.

"If we wanted to use them, we would have started already." Rick says.

"Let them talk to Deanna first." Aaron says.

"Who's Deanna?" Abraham asks.

"She knows everything you wanna know about this place. Rick, why don't you start." Aaron suggests.

I hear the sound of a walker and I turn to see one stumbling towards the gate.

"Sasha." Rick says.

Soon enough the sound of a gunshot is heard and the walker is dead. The secondary gate closes behind us and we begin to walk further into the camp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I look around the light filled room, seeing things I'd never thought I'd see again. There are so many books filling the shelves, candles, furniture cluttering the room. Before me on the couch sits a red headed woman, watching my every move. Behind her on a tripod is a camera, recording me.