Chapter 70

Gemma's P.O.V

"Morgan?"

The two men stare at each other in disbelief, the rest of us looking on in confusion. I stare at the new comer, knowing that he and Rick must obviously know each other.

"What are you doing here?" Rick asks.

"I came to find you." He says, holding up a piece of paper.

I examine it closely and recognise it, it's the map that Abraham left for us before he left with the others for DC. We left the church months ago, meaning that he must have been looking for us for God knows how long. Everyone begins murmuring behind us and I hear the faint sobbing of Deanna. I turn to look at her and see her cradling Reg against her, his blood soaking her clothes.

Rick walks slowly forward towards Morgan and begins to speak with him. I look away from the two and see Daryl looking at me and I give him a small side smile. I have missed him so much over the past few days and I want nothing more than to take him in my arms and show him how much I've missed him. I go to walk to him when a noise from behind interrupts me.

"Reg!" Deanna screams.

I turn in time to see Reg grab onto Deanna and bite into her neck, blood spurting everywhere. I stare on in shock for a moment before I pull my knife out of my pocket and rush over, pushing Deanna out of the way. I hear others rush over as I plunge my knife into Reg's temple and he slumps to the ground below me. I stare at him in disbelief, shocked that he turned so quickly.

"Mom!"

I look up and see Spencer pushing his way into the group. He stops for a moment and stares at the scene before rushing to his mother's side.

"Mom!" He cries, pulling her into his lap.

I place my hands on my legs and take in deep breathes, looking over at the two.

"Somebody help me!" He cries, looking around wildly.

As he looks around his eyes land on me, "You're a Doctor! Help her!" He insists.

"Spencer-" I begin.

"Please!" He pleads.

I sigh sadly before slowly crawling over to them. Deanna's breathing is ragged as Spencer holds onto her neck in an attempt to stop the bleeding. She grips onto his shirt sleeve as her wild eyes look into mine and she goes to speak, her eyes pleading. I now that Deanna and I have had our differences, but no one deserves to die like this. I close my eyes as the tears wash down my face. I sniff and wipe my nose, sitting back on my legs.

"Spencer... I'm sorry." I whisper, looking up at him.

"No. You haven't even done anything." He says with an enraged tone.

"There's nothing I can do." I state.

"Yes there is!" He insists.

"Spencer, it's too late." I rephrase.

"You're lying." He yells in my face.

"She was bit on the neck, there's nothing I can do. We have to take care of it." I say regretfully.

"I'm not killing my mother!" He screams, taking me aback.

"It won't take long, she'll turn any minute." I reply, gaining some composure.

"I don't care. I can't, I won't do it!" He says, the tears spilling over the edge of his eyes as he looks back down at his mother.

"You have too." I whisper.

He looks down at her and she looks up at him, still gasping for air. Their eyes lock for a long while until eventually she gives a small nod, "Do it." She croaks.