Recovery *Edited*

As expected your children were not happy about having to leave you in the hospital all by themselves. They were fussy and crying. Honestly, it pulled at your heartstrings but, you calmed them down and said they can come and visit you as long as much as they wanted. They weren't going to school on Monday you had used the hospital phone to call so they knew you weren't lying about being there. They wanted Ruska to take them back home and then they wanted to stay with Auntie Rei. After informing Rei of what happened she gladly accepted to watch them until you came out. In the span of the three days and two nights you were there you had friends come by to pay their respects and had Fatgum, Riot, Mt. Lady, and Kamui bring your kids back and forth. On the day you were discharged from the hospital you had clear instructions on what to do and what not to do. You had to come back in a week so they can heal your other two broken ribs but, for now, you had pain medicine to help. It's been a long time since you actually were hurt - five years to be exact- this severely and your pain tolerance was still high but, not as high as it used to be.

"Hey Y/N? Are you still with me?" You blinked forgetting that you were in the car with Mic and Midnight. Aizawa had work he needed to do so Midnight offered to ride with Mic to escort you back home. Right. You needed help with everything and you lived alone. You can manage it'll just take twice as long as usual. The kids are going to have to be careful with hugs and cuddles...

"I'm okay." Good news to the quirk wore off finally and you were able to hide your feelings like you always did. "Hard to breathe properly." You had to take shallow or soft breaths. Any yawning and stretching were going to have you seeing double. At least it was a week instead of 6 or 7 weeks. "Got to be careful." You found a stiff position to stay in and you refused to move. Your ribs didn't protest unnecessarily.

"We can make dinner for you. Let you rest up and the kids have time with you. They missed you a lot." Mic was filling the space with quiet chatter. When he was nervous or it was too quiet he had to fill it with noise which was fine with you. You liked when he talked.

"You guys are sweet." Your voice was clipped but, you meant it. They were sweet and most definitely didn't have to help you with anything they didn't want to. You let Yamada's voice lull you a bit until you made it to your apartment. You had called Rei that she can bring them over along with her kids if she wanted to as well. Now the problem was getting to your 9th-floor apartment without passing out.

"I got you love." Nem had helped you holding on to you a bit for support. You were walking stiffly not paying mind to the pain but, as you kept walking the more drained you felt and the more weight you were leaning on Nem.

"I'm sorry Nem." You really were and were trying to lean off of her but, your body wasn't cooperating.

"You're fine love. I'm not the one who just came out of the hospital anyway." She winked holding you tighter by the waist and hips as Yamada impatiently waited for the elevator. In the few minutes, it took to get to your apartment Nem was practically carrying you as Yamada opened the door for you. They helped you with your shoes and jackets as she deposited you onto the couch to let you get your bearings. "Rest darling." She ran her hand through your hair ignoring the knots and tangles as she and Yamada disappeared to the bathroom. You must have dozed off cause the next time you woke up you heard a ruckus in the kitchen. Slowly maneuvering to sit up you listened to the conversation the two were having.

"I don't understand how the world can be so cruel Nem."

"I don't know either...She's such a sweetheart, a good person, and yet she has been hurt and in the hospital more than any of us. She went like three times since we met her. I think the least we can do is make dinner for her and keep her comfortable." You were flattered. Honestly, you were. Deciding to get up you hissed making a steady trek to the bathroom. You went by them silently and about 45 minutes later you came back with your hair washed leaving it in its natural state and wearing some shorts with a tank top.