Rekindling *Edited*

A/N: AFO WHO?! LEAGUE OF VILLAINS WHO?! Nah, don't know them. Minor MHA Vigilantes spoilers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was quiet enough that you can hear a pin drop. Izumaru had let you in and it was tense, awkward. You wanted to run but, you made a promise that you weren't going to run. You were going to face your fears. You all were kids, he wasn't to blame. He did try to help you the best he can even if it did earn him a beating or a night without food. He still did it. He wasn't the enemy in your story. She was. You walked into the living room and saw your dad heading straight for you to hug. You were anxious and a little reassurance can take anyone a long way. He embraced you making a chuffing sound that was soothing to you. Once calm enough you turned around to face Izumaru who sat on the opposite side of the couch to watch you and your dad interact. He had a faraway look before he was brought back to the present.

"I don't even know where to start, or what to say." He was shaking his head with his palms facing up.

"That makes two of us." You had a million things you wanted to say but, where do you begin? What should you say first? Hey, sorry for disappearing off the face of the Earth for the last five years. Yeah right. Maybe mention that you went to anger management and intense therapy. "Well, I guess I can start when I left the same day I started anger management and intense therapy. It's helped me a lot even though I still have a relatively short fuse." He nodded his head as he struggled to come up with something.

"I'm glad you got the help you needed and deserved." He looked you up and down and you felt a bit self-conscious. You got used to your father knowing about your scars but, it felt different for your brother. "It seems you have been doing a lot better." You nodded your head rubbing your arms a bit. You jumped feeling something placed on you. You turned to see your dad placed his jacket on you squeezing your shoulders.

"I'm going to make some food." He left without another word giving the two of you some sort of privacy. It was quiet for a minute before he started asking mundane questions.

"So, like, uh what are you up to now? What do you do? Any hobbies?" At least he was trying.

"Well, I have my own herotube, herotoon comics plus I do a lot of commissions for people. I draw a lot and when I'm not doing that I teach myself new recipes to cook or I read a lot of books including manga." He seemed genuinely interested.

"What's the name of your channel? Maybe I can subscribe?" You said Lizard Queen and his phone slipped from his slacked grip. He looked up at you with widen eyes.

"LIZARD QUEEN! ARE YOU SERIOUS!" After nodding in stunned confusion he started typing rapidly on his phone. "All of our siblings LOVE you. Obviously, they had no idea it was you but, still! This is amazing! I'm telling them right now." You didn't mention that you had a face reveal for 24 hours maximum before it was deleted. You waited patiently for him to look back up. "I'm in a group chat with them and they said they missed the face reveal! They had no idea it was you! They have been following since the beginning!" The conversation took off from there and the more you talked the more at ease you felt. Soon your dad came back with food and drinks handing them to the two of you. It was mixed raw and cooked meat with vegetables but, you didn't mind. The next couple of hours went by with you catching up with your brother about everything going on in his life. No one has spoken or seen the incubator since he left at 18 and Michael and Lisvette moved into the dorms. Michelle and Himanaru used to live together but now all five of them live together in a 5 bedroom house. He, Michelle, and Himanaru work at different stores while Lisvette and Michael sell stuff online to help with expenses. This was upsetting. You're happy that everyone got out of that toxic environment but, it's just upsetting that it had to be taken this far.