forgiveness

continuation of "triumph"

tommy visits techno and phil, with ghostbur being there unexpectedly

+×+×+×+×+×+×

third pov

the blonde opened his eyes slowly, yawning and sitting up groggily. he looked around and noticed the blinds were shut, the moonlight illuminating the floorboards only slightly. it was aesthetically pleasing.

he stretched and stood from the couch, looking down at tubbo, who was curled up in a ball, small snores escaping his mouth unknowingly. the younger snickered, tail flicking in delight.

he sighed and he silently walked to the door, opening it slightly. he thought over what he wanted to do before confirming it, and he realized he might want to bring a jacket with him.

his eyes darted around the dark room, his vision slowly adjusting to it. he spotted one of his hoodied he had left over and quick snatched it up, throwing it over his shoulder before stepping out of the small house.

he closed the door slowly, silently as to not wake his best friend up. the demon hybrid child sighed again, warm breath becoming visible as soon as it left his lips. he slowly put the hoodie on, and began walking.

when he walked up the wooden slabs, he looked behind him at his country, and he smiled, a sudden wave of pride washing over him. "i bet dreams crying at his stupid defeat," he said, to no one in particular.

as he entered the nether, he shuddered at the sudden, but welcome, temperature change. he made his way towards the snowy biomes portal, and as he approached it, he hesitated.

he had already walked this far, so it would be useless to just go back now. he wouldve just wasted all this time he couldve spent sleeping. but, he couldnt supress the immediate urge to see his... former allies when he woke up.

he bit down a groan and walked through the purple swirls of time and space, losing his balance as he was teleported into the snow. he shivered, and grumbled about how the people who made nether portals need to fix their temperature.

he staggered though the thick snow, and just now he realized his pants were still ripped and his shoes were still worn. he groaned out loud in slight frustration, but he told himself he wasnt gonna back out over something so trivial.

he saw the cottage in the distance, and he bit his lip nervously. what if they slammed the door shut on him as soon as they saw him, before he could even say hello? he shook the thought away and continued his walk.

he silently tip-toed up the wooden steps, and swallowed thickly as he looked at the doorknob, ready to be turned. he sighed, rubbing his tired eyes, and knocked.

he didnt expect an answer, it was, what- 4 in the morning? techno would probably be up- but maybe he changed his sleeping schedule to something rational. he didnt know, and he didnt really care too much.

as he was deep in his thoughts, the sound of the door clicking open startled him, making him step backwards until his back had hit the railing, his tail flailing wildly to curl around his slightly exposed leg.

he relaxed visibly when he saw phil standing in the doorway, dark wings pressed together behind his aged back. tommy nervously waved, giving the older an awkward grin.

phils eyes widened when he realized who was standing there, and he leaned to the side, and suddenly there was light inside the house. phil gestured for the boy to come inside, not as enthusiastically as tommy has anticipated.

tommy stepped foot inside the home, and shivered once more as the warmth hit his red cheeks. he sighed in comfort and slowly leaned against a wall, not knowing what to do or say.