I start the day high and it ends so low

Tw: underage drug/substance use, mentions of throwing up (schlatts in this but thats not a tw)

Wilbur and Schlatt use drugs lmao and are both 16

Also phil apologists this is not for you

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×

The met outside at the end of the road. They both had a back pack slung across their shoulders, walking close together as usual. They did this almost every night, always wondering when they'd get caught.

They arrived to their destination shortly, Wilbur's house fortunately not being too far from it. They entered the tall, green forest and walked until they found the clearing inside.

Upon seeing it, Schlatt nudged Wilbur's arm lightly. They both grinned as he handed a pack of cigarettes over to the former. They sat across from each other and put their bags on the grass beside them.

The back packs were zipped open, and filled bottles of alcohol, wine, two wine glasses, another pack of cigarettes, two shot glasses, and a charged dab pen were placed in front of each other.

Their families were convinced they were only packing for a sleepover, and in a way, they were. They always told their parents that they would only be at one another's house, but in reality, they went to the forest, got high or drunk, and slept there.

"So, want to be fancy tonight?" Schlatt asked, raising an eyebrow. Wilbur tapped his finger to his chin, and nodded. He smiled and opened the wine bottle, pouring Wilbur's portion into a the prettily-shaped glass.

"Thanks, Blades," Wilbur snorted, taking the glass. Schlatt only smirked and nodded shortly before pouring the harder alcohol into a shot glass. On a count of three, they both either took the shot or took a sip, and brought their glasses away from their lips.

Schlatt coughed, though only for a small moment, his throat already fairly used to the process. Wilbur cleared his throat, rubbing excess sleep from his eyes.

They went in again, Wilbur halfheartedly downing his glass. After Schlatt had swallowed his shot, he chuckled. "Something happen today?" Wilbur sighed and slowly nodded, putting his wine glass down.

"Techno and Tommy keep fighting. Not physically, of course. They would never be able to hurt each other," he confessed, brushing his fringe out of his eyes. As Schlatt nodded, he continued.

"But, it happens so much. It feels like every hour of the day, they're at each other's throats. It's awful, and I want them to stop, to be on good terms again, but I don't know what to do." Wilbur wiped his eyes, and gestured towards the shot glass. Schlatt poured him some.

He took the shot, and he and Schlatt met eyes. "Phil isn't doing anything about it, that fucking prick. He's an awful parent. I don't know what to do." Schlatt gently took the empty shot glass from Wilbur's hand and pulled him into a hug.

They stayed like that for a long while, and when they eventually pulled away, it was like their minds linked, both settling on one single thought.

"Wanna get fucked out of our minds?"

"Hell yeah."

-

Schlatt was throwing up a couple feet away from him, and Wilbur found that he couldn't move. His whole body felt numb, even his face, and it was an extreme out-of-body experience.

It was weird to him, even though he'd done this a thousand times before. He sometimes wondered if Schlatt felt like this. If they were so close, he figured he probably did.

When his partner in crime came back, he stumbled over his feet and flopped down next to him. Wilbur sluggishly blinked. They didn't speak, Wilbur couldn't, and Schlatt was probably passed out.

To be honest, Wilbur wasn't expecting to get this baked, but hey, at least he wasn't back at home, stuck in his room while having to listen to Techno and Tommy's loud ass voices shouting curses at each other.

He just wanted his family to be happy again. He wanted to be happy again.

The one thing he was able to feel was the tears rolling down his face.