28. Heart to Heart

Apologies for taking so long to update, college is a pain in the butt. This one's a THICK chapter tho, over 7k words. I've had writing fever this last week, had to get it allll out of my system and on paper. Here we go :)

...

Hours later, the dim rays of the sunrise are what awake you. Your eyes flutter as you get a hold of your bearings, adjusting to the light filtering in through the arched window. Flexing your fingers, your run your palm over something smooth and firm- only to realize you're leaning against someone's chest.

The someone more specifically being the currently asleep prince of the Zora.

Your cheeks warm as you think back to the previous evening. Spending the night in the prince's chambers, the two of you had stayed up well into the hours of twilight keeping each other company, sharing kisses and whispers of affection while bundled up together. You'd fallen asleep in his arms, dozing off while pressed flush against his chest.

Interestingly, it was the safest you'd felt in quite some time. Snugly secure in the prince's arms. You'd be damned if it wasn't how you'd want to spend every night for the rest of your life.

Gazing up at the Zora in question now, you smiled softly looking at his sleeping form. His chest raised and lowered slowly as he slumbered away, his lips quirked up in the faintest of smiles.

Carefully, you move out of his grasp, wiggling out of the cushioned seating area you'd used as a bed. Stretching your legs momentarily, you use this time to curiously look around the prince's room.

His desk is relatively neat, aside from the stray piece of parchment paper, with a rather fancy looking quill and ink pot at the prince's disposal for whatever letters he'd have to pen or diplomatic papers to sign. The pool of water appeared relatively undisturbed, and cleaned, you assumed the servant's had picked up any odd items that'd been left strewn about when you'd been called to see the council yesterday.

With a sigh, you pick up your silver armband that the prince had gifted you all those weeks ago and smile, twirling it in your fingers as you waltz over to one of the tall windows. Looking out, you can't help but admire Zora's domain at dawn.

The cliffs and mountains of the upperland are lit up by the rising sun of the east, and the outcrops of luminous stones in the hillsides reflect the sunbeams brightly, casting light in patterns only nature itself could design. The lake the palace is built in trickles calmly at this time of day, and when you gaze down over the edge you can see the Zora who live underwater beginning to wake up and swim around, greeting one another and moving on to do their daily tasks.

It's a charming place. You can't help but wonder what it would be like to live here... permanently.

A soft knock at the chamber door pulls you out of your thoughts. You cast a glance to the prince, who simply shuffles in his sleep and turns onto his side. With a quiet laugh, you walk away from the window and towards the door, setting down the armband before pulling it open.

"Sid-" a voice begins, before stopping abruptly.

When you look up, you're greeted by Bazz.

The captain of the guard seems utterly confused by your presence. His yellow eyes give you a once over before he cranes his head to look into the room behind you.

"Where is the prince?" he asks you with a clearing of his throat.

"Asleep," you reply, nodding your head in Sidon's general direction.

Bazz tilts his head to the side, and you watch as he puts the pieces of the puzzle together- you can practically see the cogs turning in his head.