25. Dreamlike

A barely audible groan passes your lips as you wake up. The room is dimly lit, with only luminescent stones casting soft blue light. Your hands feel around and you find that you're in what appears to be some sort of bed, and as you flex your fingers you realize how soft it is.

Confused, you attempt to move and get up, only to be stopped by something wrapped around your waist. No, not something- someone.

Cautiously, you place your hand on this random arm. Smooth skin with subtle indents which resemble scales, toned and seemingly quite muscular. You trail your fingers down the forearm, finding bands of silver jewelry and a big hand clasped over your stomach.

Their scales are... red.

Red?

Red.

"Sidon?" you croak, his name coming out more like a question than you had intended.

The bed shifts and you hear an all too familiar chuckle in your ear, "glad to see you're awake, little one."

He's directly behind you, holding you close as you spoon on the bed. You can feel his warm breath on the back of your neck and it sends tingles down your spine. You feel dwarfed by the Zora, being held like this makes you feel even smaller compared to him than normal. You're pressed flush against his firm chest, making you wonder if he's aware of how hard your heart has begun to pound as a result.

"Wh... what. Wait, what happened? How'd we get here, I-" you stumble over your words, confused, and your misspoken sentence makes the blush on your face even darker than before.

The prince shushes you gently, speaking in a soothing tone, "hush now, there's no need to worry. Everything's been handled, and you're safe here with me."

You feel his other hand pass over your neck, brushing your hair aside to expose your skin. You shiver inadvertently, not used to this much physical attention and affection, and it certainly doesn't help that it's coming from him.

When you feel his mouth just barely graze over the crook of your neck you're unable to hold back the sharp gasp that spills out of your own mouth. His lips were just barely open, but you were able to feel the subtle press of his sharp teeth against your skin.

You knew that if someone like him were to bite you it'd no doubt draw blood, but you had a small thought that maybe you wouldn't mind if that were to happen. You quickly stifled that lewd image in your mind.

"S-Sidon?" you stammer, tensing up. Your nails dug into the bedding as you waited with baited breath, wondering what he'd do next.

The prince pulled back, and you cursed yourself for feeling disappointed because of this. Instead, he moved to lean over instead, and gently guided you so that you were lying down on your back so he could hover above you.

In this dim lighting, his yellow eyes weren't as bright and energetic as normal. They still had an air of mischief to them, but now there was something... off. His gaze was almost predatory in a way, and this excited you as much as you'd hate to admit it.

"Little one, I..." he trailed off, and you were unable to look away from his eyes as he leaned in closer.

You could feel the goosebumps on your arms, your nerves were tingling and you couldn't stop them. "Y-yes?" you reply, your voice coming out no louder than a whisper.

As he leaned in closer, however, your view seemed to fade away. The feeling of the bed beneath you vanished, and everything in your line of sight blurred until nothing could be made out.

You tried to reach out, attempting to grasp onto anything you could. You reached for Sidon's hand but it was no longer there, he wasn't there. You cried out but no sound came from your mouth; everything went black-