40. Normalcy

New chapterrrr. I wrote this in bits and pieces, mostly in the middle of the night, so if there's grammatical issues please forgive me, I did my best lol

Happy new year, by the way (:

Year of the Dragon, feels fitting as we approach the TOTK storyline

...

You didn't get the chance to speak to Sidon privately once you returned to Lookout Landing.

The other leaders had arrived as well.

Now you found yourself crammed inside the largest tent, sitting at the table surrounded by some very notable faces from your travels and adventures.

Representing the Gerudo was of course Chief Riju, accompanied by Buliara and a handful of guards. On behalf of the Rito, Elder Kaneli had traveled across the land and had brought Teba and Harth along with him. The Goron leader Bludo had shown up as well, with Yunobo at his side.

Lady Impa had traveled alongside a group of Sheikah guards. Both the scientists Robbie and Purah had shown up as well, with Robbie having brought his wife, Jerrin, and Purah having brought her assistant Symin. The mayor of Hateno, Reede, was also present. Even Lurelin Village, the small Hylian beach settlement to the southeast, had sent a representative: an elder named Rozel.

Everyone seemed to have something to say. You sat beside Zelda quietly, hands in your lap and a perturbed look on your face, as the tent erupted into conversation. Arguments and ideas being shouted across the table. Concerns about both the Yiga Clan and the divine beasts being mentioned. Worries not discussed since before you'd slain Calamity Ganon being brought back to light.

You glance over at the Princess who seems to have the same exasperated expression as yourself. She'd been attempting to raise her voice and control the energy in the room, but to no avail. You glance across the table and see Sidon sitting beside his father. He casts you a look of pity.

It had been your hope that you would be able to pull the Zora prince aside to talk before this meeting would begin. You had so many questions to ask him. What had happened within Ruta? How was he healed? How did you escape? Most of all, you'd simply missed him, and rather selfishly wanted to keep him to yourself for a few spare moments.

You could admit you were selfish from time to time. At least whenever it came to Sidon you were.

The shouting and discussion persists, pulling you from your thoughts. You look back towards Zelda and finally open your mouth to speak, "would you like me to do something about this?"

"Please," she sighs, her brow furrowed.

With a nod you stand from your chair and roll your shoulders back. With your good arm you reach behind yourself and grasp the handle of the Master Sword. The princess seems confused as you angle your arm back, before flinging it forward. A beam of sacred light emits from the sword and goes flying towards the ceiling of the tent, exploding into a cloud of light particles.

The movement causes the bruises on your torso to sing with pain.

Evidently however, this does the trick, the display catching everyone off guard and causing them to fall silent.

You loudly clear your throat as you sit back down in your chair, gesturing for Zelda to proceed.

The princess quickly takes the opportunity, standing up as she speaks, "I would like to start by thanking everyone here for their attendance. I understand that many of you have traveled far, and I know that for quite a few of you it is not easy to leave the safety of your settlements. It is my hope that this meeting will help us create an efficient and safe solution to the problem that plagues us."