Bastards

House upon house rejected the Stark's plea to fight against Ramsay

House upon house rejected the Stark's plea to fight against Ramsay. Ella, Jon, and Sansa trotted back to camp from Deepwood Motte after Lord Glover refused the call. Ellla understood his frustrations and sympathized with him, but that didn't excuse him from betraying House Stark once more. House Glover was faithful to House Stark and refused them in their time of need.

The Stark party found themselves joined by Lady Mormont and several other men from houses spread across the North. Their army was small, but it was all they could gather in a short time frame. Two thousand wildlings, two hundred Hornwoods, one hundred forty three Mazins, and sixty two Mormonts. Sixty two Mormonts. Ella smiled as she thought of the ferociousness Lady Mormont provided to their cause. If any of their man had an ounce of her courage, they would be better off.

"Stannis Baratheon camped here on his way to Winterfell," Davos said they rode through camp, examining the area around them.

"And that's a good thing?" Sansa questioned him.

"Stannis was an expert military man," Ella explained. "He chose this place for a reason."

"The mountains are a natural fortification," Davos said, pointing to the hills around them. Ella followed his gloved hand, internally agreeing with Ser Davos "And there's a river down there to provide a source of water for the horses."

"But we're not staying here long," Jon interjected. "Another storm could hit any day and we need to be able to march on Winterfell."

"Aye," Davos grunted. "The snow defeated Stannis. But we won't let that be our death."

"We don't have enough men," Sansa stated.

"No, we don't," Ella said, "but we do still stand a chance. We have to be smart and strategic with every move we make."

Davos and the three siblings dismounted their horses, allowing them a chance for rest. The small group began their journey on fight, examining the troops around them. A fight erupted between a wildling and a northern soldier, causing Davos to turn on his heel and break up the men responsible for the chaos. "Oh for fuck's sake." He muttered under his breath as he walked away.

"So he's your most trusted advisor now?" Sansa asked Jon. "Because he secured sixty two men from a little girl?"

"Sansa, Davos is the reason I'm still standing here today. He convinced the Red Woman to resurrect me. Without him, I'd be dead, and we wouldn't be on our way to win back Winterfell from Ramsay." Jon stated, looking her straight in the eye.

"Stannis who lost the Blackwater, who murdered his own brother, who doesn't have a head?" Sansa argued. "Jon, I know you did everything you could, but this isn't enough! We need more men!"

"Maybe if we went to Castle Cerwyn, I have a feeling that Lord-" Ella began, but was interrupted by an angry Jon.

"We fight with the army we have. That's final," Jon stated. He shook his head before walking away, leaving the two girls alone.