Gendry

On the morning Jon and the northern men were to depart for East Watch, Ella was invited to the cave one last time to gather any remaining shards of obsidian they could

On the morning Jon and the northern men were to depart for East Watch, Ella was invited to the cave one last time to gather any remaining shards of obsidian they could. Tyrion sent word to Dragonstone that their mission was successful, and they were to return to the island in the days to follow.

Jon oversaw the transport of the last trunk when Ser Davos and a strange man followed behind him.

"Begging your pardon, your Grace," Davos called after Jon. The white wolf turned to face the Onion Knight, causing Jon to halt his work.

"You survived King's Landing," Jon smiled.

"Yet again," Davos smirked.

Ella stepped from beside Jon, examining the man stood next to Davos. Something about him seemed familiar, but the lone wolf couldn't figure it out.

"Your Grace, this is-" Davos was interrupted as he gestured to the man to his left.

"Name's Gendry, your Grace," the man boldly introduced himself to Jon. "I'm Robert Baratheon's son. Bastard son"

That's what it was. He looked like a replica of King Robert. Ell only saw the man once at Winterfell, but they had the same striking blue eyes.

Davos's eyes shifted to the King in the North, speaking to Jon. "He was meant to keep that to himself," Davos explained.

The young man smiled at the Snow twins in front of him. "Our fathers trusted each other. Why shouldn't we do the same?"

"I saw your father once at Winterfell," Jon noted.

"I met yours in my shop in King's Landing," Gendry smiled at the white wolf.

"You're a lot leaner," Jon noted.

"And you're a lot shorter. Both of ya," Gendry's remark earned several laughs from Davos and Ella as they became acquainted with each other.

"We grew up on stories about them," Ella smiled, "stories of how they brought peace to the Seven Kingdoms."

"All I know is that our fathers fought together," Gendry stated. "And won. Ser Davos told me where you are going, and why. Let me come with you."

"Don't be a fool," Davos warned, "you're not a soldier."

"No, but I am a fighter. And you won't be needing a smith with a sword like that."

"You know how to use one?" Jon asked Gendry. The boy shook his head no. "That's a problem."

"I prefer a hammer," Genry smirked. J

Jon looked confused and turned to Davos. "He can handle himself. That's all you need to know."

"We could use the help," Jon sighed.

"As Ser Davos once told me once before," Ella spoke, "it's better to be a coward for a minute than dead the rest of your life."

Gendry nodded, then told Davos he owed him his life. "If what you all say is true about what's up North, I can't wait out this war."

"Yeah, none of you mind me," Davos exhaled. "All I've ever done is live to a ripe old age."

The party of four exited the cave as the last trunk was carried out Davos and Gendry. Ella noticed two boats situated on the shoreline, surrounded by Stark men, waiting for their King and the last of their crew to join them. The dragon queen bid farewell to Ser Jorah before turning Jon.

"Farewell, dear brother" Ella pulled her brother into a long hug before he boarded his boat.

"Stay out of trouble," he smiled to the lone wolf, hoping this would not be the last time he saw his sister.

"I can't make any promises," she teased. Ella turned on her heel and joined Lord Tyrion Daenerys and Jon spoke their final words to one another.

"If I don't return, at least you won't have to deal with the me anymore," Jon told Daenerys.

"I've grown used to him," Daenerys said, looking at Jon as though he was the only person on the beach. A look which did not go unnoticed by Ella. Ella knew that look. The Dragon Queen was smitten with Jon Snow.

Jon made his way to the front of a boat, yelling at the men to push off from the shore, before they jumped in. The waves crashed under the boat as a few men rowed towards Jon's ship. Ella pulled her cloak closer to her frame as the wind blew around them. Jon looked back at his sister, waving goodbye to her.

"He'll be back," Tyrion reassured the two girls. "They all will."

"Lord Tyrion," Ella sighed as they departed the beach, heading back to the castle after Jon and the party were out of eyesight, "I hope you're right."