Epilogue

Ella Snow stood on the top of Castle Black, overlooking the snow fallen ground

Ella Snow stood on the top of Castle Black, overlooking the snow fallen ground. The snow finally ceased falling, and the Free Folk gathered in the courtyard, awaiting their journey to their home. The true North. 

The sound of creaking wood caused Ella to turn around, exposing her small bump that was once hidden beneath her winter cloak. 

"You're growing bigger every day," a small brooding voice filled her ears. 

A smile spread across Ella's face as she came face to face with her twin brother, Jon. It had been about five months since they left Winterfell, but so much has changed. 

Ella and Tormund became trapped at Castle Black about two weeks after the Free Folk arrived at the castle. The tunnel slowly became clear, and today was the day they would leave Westeros for the North. During this time, Ella and Tormund spent a lot of personal time together. Ella soon became pregnant with their first child. Holland and Eira were thrilled to become big sisters to their parents new child. The couple even decided on names early on, Eddard for a boy, and Rheyanna for a girl, a combination of their mothers' names. 

Next was Arya Stark. She left Winterfell with the Hound to kill Cersei, but decided against it. She decided to sail and explore what lied west of Westeros. 

Then, there was Sansa. She helped the North gain its independence from the other six kingdoms and became Queen in the North.

Bran Stark, the crippled boy. The three-eyed raven. The boy who shouldn't have survived. He became the most powerful man in Westeros. The King of the Andals and First Men. 

Lastly, there was Jon. After the events of the Siege of King's Landing unfolded, he was sentenced to the Wall for life. His role he played in the downfall of Daenerys Targaryen led him back to Castle Black. 

Both of the Snow twins came back to the place where their journey began. 

The twins joined hands as they cascaded down the wooden stairs of Castle Black one last time. As they glided through the courtyard, Ella thought of all the lives they lost along the way to lead them to this time in their life. Jory, Father, Lyanna, Rhaegar, Catelyn Stark. Robb, Rickon, Theon, Ygritte, Mance. Everyone that had an impact on their lives. 

The years of torment and loneliness. All of the loss and time without a true home. 

The twins joined Tormund at the head of the Free Folk. He smiled at the pair as he hoisted Ella onto her horse. The gates to Castle Black opened, and the Free Folk traveled through the long icy corridor. They came out the other side of the Wall, with Ghost and Asena leading the way. Ella was hit with the chilled air of the true North. A feeling that she had longed for. 

The Free Folk trotted behind the twins and Tormund as their feet sunk into the icy tundra for the first time in a couple of years. Children squealed in excitement, and the elders were excited to live freely. To live in a place where they could roam and not worry about the crows or White Walkers. 

Ella halted her horse, and Tormund continued on, along with the rest of their people. She turned on her horse, facing the Wall once more. The 700 foot structure used to terrify her. Now, it just became part of her life. A piece of her that will live in the deep recesses of her mind. A piece of her past that holds so many precious times in her heart. 

The newest Free Folk heard someone stop next to her. She glanced to see the dark curly hair of her dear brother. 

"We're finally free," Jon said. "No more kings or wars. No bastards or high borns. Just us. We're free to be who we want to be."

"Aye, we are," Ella smiled. She turned to the Wall one last time, before looking down at the faces of the Free Folk beneath her. 

These were the people she fought for. The people who truly made her feel welcomed for the first time ever in her life. The people who gave her a home, even if it wasn't a physical place to dwell. 

All of the destruction, mistakes, and war led Ella to decide to go north with Tormund. To leave all the pain and mistakes made in Westeros behind her. To start fresh as her own person with her lover, and their children.

"You ready, big brother?" Ella looked into Jon's brown orbs. "No more playing the game of Thrones"

"Aye," Jon smiled. "We're finally home, dear sister. Away from the feasts of the crows. And in the place where we belong. North. The Real North."

The pair looked ahead and began to trot away. The winter winds whirled around them as they strolled deeper and deeper into the woods. Towards a better future. Towards a new home. And most importantly, towards a new life. Together.