King Stannis

"Shouldn't you be training, too?" Gilly asked Sam one chilly morning

"Shouldn't you be training, too?" Gilly asked Sam one chilly morning. Ella sat by Gilly's side, stitching a new cloak for the upcoming winter.

New recruits from around Westeros were brought to the Wall that morning, and the remaining brothers were asked to train the new boys. Sam was not a skilled fighter, so he was excused from that morning's activities.

"I'm hardly a new recruit," Sam chuckled. "Besides, how many brothers can say they killed a White Walked and a Thenn? I may be the first in history!"

"I suppose you are," Ella smiled.

Their conversation came to a halt as Ser Alliser and Janos Slynt approached them. Ella could hear them discuss the new recruits and that all the new boys were poachers and thieves. Ser Alliser glared at Gilly before leaving the trip in peace.

"That one hates me," she stated, keeping an eye on Ser Alliser as he disappeared from the courtyard.

"If Ser Alliser is chosen as the new Lord Commander, he'll want to see you gone," Ella sighed. Her face frowned as she looked at baby Sam."He hates the wildlings. All the wildlings."

"He's going to send us away then," Gilly frowned.

"I'm afraid he may," Sam said, looking to his feet.

"Please don't let them send us away," she begged Sam.

"Look, it's not a sure thing," Ella gave Gilly a small smile. "Sam tells me that Denys Mallister is running against Thorne. He's been in charge of the Shadow Tower for over twenty years. He stands a good chance."

"Besides," Sam spoke, "it's like I said before: wherever you go, I go too."

"You can't leave," Gilly stated, turning back to her needle and thread, "they'll execute you."

Sam opened his mouth but closed it as someone approached them. Ella turned to see a woman dressed in red with a choker around her neck standing in the snow.

"The King wants a word," she spoke to Ella, her blue eyes not leaving Ella's.

Ella sighed, then stood up. She wrapped her cloak tightly around her small frame as she followed the Red woman. The woman led her to the elevator shaft, where Jon was waiting for them. Jon tried to speak to Ella, but she rolled her eyes and ignored him. The three entered the shaft, closing the iron gate behind them. Ella felt the shaft jolt, and they began to travel up the Wall.

Tension built the higher they climbed. Ella saw the Red woman stare at her and Jon. She shifted uncomfortably and turned her gaze to the world beneath them.

"Are you not cold, my lady?" Jon asked, breaking the silence.

"Never," she said. "The Lord's fire lives within me, Jon Snow. Feel."

Ella turned to see the Red woman take Jon's hand in hers. She removed his glove and placed his hand upon her cheek. Jon pulled back and gloves his bare hand once more.