The Dragon Pit

Ella did not blink as the Red Keep came into view on the last stretch of their journey to King's Landing

Ella did not blink as the Red Keep came into view on the last stretch of their journey to King's Landing. The young wolf, her brother, and the rest of the raiding party sailed for King's Landing after they regrouped at Dragonstone. Tyrion and Daenerys' advisors also accompanied them. Jon received word from Winterfell that Brienne of Tarth and her squire Podrick were to meet them at the gate outside of the capital. Brienne was sent by Sansa to represent the North. Ella didn't blame her sister. If Ella suffered everything Sansa went through, she would remain in the comforts of her home as well.

The Unsullied were stationed outside the city walls, and the Dothraki were to ride to meet the Unsullied. Daenerys thought it would be best to fly in on Drogon, with Rhaegal flying in the distance. Tyrion tried to convince her to join them on foot, but she refused. She wanted Cersei to see her strength, all her strength.

Ella kept her eyes on the place that destroyed her family, when her brother joined her on the bow of the ship. Jon placed his hands on the railing of the ship, looking to the Capital with disgust.

"It's a beautiful place, I suppose," Jon sighed.

"Not to me," Ella stated, digging her fingernails into the wooden banister. "They murdered our father, grandfather, and uncle here. And now we're willingly walking into the same city. Our sister was held captive here for years. And now, we're expected to make nice with the family who murdered our our brothers."

"We have to set that aside, Ella," Jon breathed. "For the greater good. You know that."

"I know Jon," Ella said through gritted teeth. "I know what's coming for everyone just as much as you do. I've seen the Dead. I've fought them. I know we have to persuade Cersei if we want to have any chance of surviving. But I can't forgive her for what her family's done to ours. The Lannisters-"

Ella fell silent as Tyrion Lannister approached them. He stood next to Jon as they kept an eye on the encroaching shore.

"How many people live here?" Jon asked the Hand of the Queen, trying to diffuse the tension.

"A million people," Tyrion replied. "Give or take."

"That's more people in one tiny city than all of the North combined. All crammed into that," Ella said, motioning to the city before them.

"Why would anyone want to live that way?" Jon asked.

"More work in the city. Plus, the brothels are far superior than those up North," Tyrion smirked at the Snow twins.

Ella rolled her eyes and bid farewell to the men. She disappeared below deck to grab her cloak as they approached the docks of King's Landing. Ella leaned against a post, shutting her eyes tight. Her small hand reached for the necklace wrapped around her neck. She recalled the last time she saw her father. He was readying to make the journey to King's Landing with Sansa and Arya. The last city he was ever alive in. The young girl thought of what her life might have come to had she traveled to King's Landing with them all those years ago. Would she have been able to protect her father? Could she have convinced him to go home when things went south for her family? Would she be alive or dead right now?