Children of the Forest

The following days at Dragonstone were spent mining dragonglass for the upcoming war

The following days at Dragonstone were spent mining dragonglass for the upcoming war. Men from Jon and Daenerys's camps mined daily to obtain the obsidian.

One afternoon, Ella found herself inside the cave one day with Daenerys, by invitation of Jon. Ella never visited her brother or the men working day and night, but she decided it was time.

"I wanted you two to see this before it was all completely hacked to bits," Jon said as the two girls followed behind the King in the North. Jon guided them through the dark, twisted tunnels underground, clutching a torch in hand to provide an ounce of light.

Jon held the torch to coal held in a fire pit, causing a fire to ignite among the coals. The trio walked deeper into the cave as Ella examined the high stone walls covered in the obsidian.

"This is it," Jon smiled as the girls continued to stare at the dragon glass. "There is something else I need to show you, your Grace."

Jon handed the torch to Daenerys as she continued further into the cave, with Jon and Ella at her heel. The trio reached a dead end, and Ella could not take her eyes off the murals carved into the stone walls. She didn't know what any of the markings meant, but someone put them there deliberately.

"The Children of the Forest made these," Jon said as he stared at a spiral pattern etched into the cave wall.

Ella looked closely at the pattern Jon pointed to. She recognized it instantly. It was left by the Night King when they were at the Fist of the First men.

"When did this get here?" Daenerys whispered. Her breathing became shallow as she continued further into the chamber.

"A very long time ago," Jon replied. Ella wandered to a part of the deep chamber and was awestruck at the carvings the Children made all those years ago.

"They were right here," Daenerys began, "standing where we are standing. Before there were Targaryens, or Starks, or Lannisters. Maybe even before there were men."

"No," Ella said, staring at a particular marking on the wall. Daenerys and Jon turned to see the lone wolf a ways off. She held her torch closer to the wall, examing the markings. Jon walked to where Ella stood and examined the sketches closely. Daenerys found her way to the Snow twins, looking over stone carvings as well, trying to interpret what they saw.

"They were here together," Ella continued, tracing her small finger over the silhouettes of the White Walkers and Night King. "The Children and the First Men were here together."

"Doing what? Fighting each other?" Daenerys questioned the wolf

Ella grabbed Daenerys's arm and guided the Dragon Queen over to the opposite wall, bringing the torch closer to another painting of the White Walkers, one being the Night King. "I don't think so. I believe they fought together, against their common enemy. Despite their differences, despite their suspicions. Together." Ella stated, causing Daenerys to turn around and face the young wolf.