Protector of the Realm

"So, Sansa summoned for you as well?" Ella asked her twin brother as they stood outside their sister's chambers

Ser Davos fetched Ella and Jon, separately, and brought them to Sansa's room. The newly appointed Lady of Winterfell had urgent matters to discuss with the twins.

"Aye," Jon sighed. "I suppose we should go in."

Jon tapped lightly on the wooden door, earning them an invitation into the room. The two strolled in and instantly noticed Sansa holding a tiny scroll in her hands.

"Lord Glover wishes us good fortune in the wars to come," Sansa huffed. "He and his men are staying in Deepwood Motte."

Jon threw his gloves onto the table, rolling his eyes. "So much for House Glover remaining loyal to House Stark for eternity." Ella retorted. "I do recall him saying something along those lines when we were at his family home."

"I will stand behind Jon Snow, he said," Sansa said in disgust, rising from her seat. "The King in the North."

"I told you we needed allies," Jon stated, his eyes following Sansa as she paced back and forth.

"You didn't tell me that you were going to abandon your crown!" Sansa shouted.

"Jon never wanted a crown, Sansa," Ella interjected. "All either of us have wanted for years now is to protect the North. Because of Jon, we have two armies outside our home. Two fully grown dragons!"

"And a Targaryen queen," Sansa snarled.

"Do you honestly think we can beat the Army of the Dead without her?" Jon breathed. "We've fought them, Sansa. Twice. You want to worry about who holds what title? Well, I'm telling you it doesn't matter! Without her, we don't stand a chance."

"Sansa, do you have any faith in Jon or myself at all?" Ella piped up, hoping to end the fighting.

"You know I do," she said.

"Trust me when I say that she wants to help," Ella said. "All she asks is that Jon fights for her against Cersei when the time comes. That's all she wants. She even said her main goal right now is to save the North." Ella stated.

"And she'll make a good queen," Jon added, "for all of us. She's not her father."

"No, she's much prettier," Sansa huffed.

Silence fell between the three siblings before Sansa spoke again. "Be honest with me, Jon. Did you bend the knee to save the North? Or because you love her?"

"Sansa, that's not a very fair question to ask him," Ella pursed her lips.

"I'll tell you the truth," Jon rubbed his forehead. "I did it to save the North, yes. But I can't deny my feelings for Daenerys Targaryen."

Daylight quickly faded, and night fell around the castle. In the later hours of the evening, Ella snuck away to the crypt to visit her father. It had been far too long since she visited him.