Discussions and Truths

Days after the funeral, Jon, Daenerys, and their most trusted advisors gathered in the War Room to discuss battle plans

Days after the funeral, Jon, Daenerys, and their most trusted advisors gathered in the War Room to discuss battle plans. Daenerys wanted to invade King's Landing as quickly as possible, but Ella knew the northern men were not ready to enter another battle. All of their men, including Daenerys' army, needed time to rest and recover.

Ella excused herself from the meeting, claiming to have a stomach ache. But in reality, she just didn't want to discuss more war. The lone wolf was exhausted from all the fighting. Her body and mind needed a chance to heal, and there was one place in Winterfell she could begin that process.

The lone wolf sat at the base of the weirwood tree. She leaned her head against the smooth white bark, watching the red leaves as they danced in the wind. The young girl's mind filled with questions concerning life moving forward. What would she do now with the Great War over? Would she go to King's Landing with Jon and Daenerys and fight alongside them? Would she stay behind with Tormund and the Free Folk for a little while? Or would she find her own little hut? Maybe in the south in a warmer climate.

The crunching of snow alerted Ella, bringing her back to reality. Her eyes glanced around before landing on the towering figure of Tormund Giantsbane. He grinned widely at the young girl as he plopped down next to her in the snow.

"Hello little wolf," he greeted her warmly. "Shouldn't you be inside with the others?"

"I suppose I wasn't in the mood," Ella admitted.

"Aren't you going South with the Dragon Queen?" Tormund questioned the girl.

"And why would you assume that?" Ella eyed the red headed wildling.

"That's where your brother is going." Tormund stated.

"Yes, he is," Ella nodded. "Are you going South then? To follow Jon and aid in their conquest of King's Landing?"

"No," Tormund grunted. "We're going back home. The Free Folk have had enough of this southern shit."

"Oh," Ella's face dropped. "When were you going to tell me?"

"I just did," Tormund grunted. "It's time to get my people home."

"Did you not want me to go with the Free Folk?" Ella questioned the wildling man.

"I just thought you were going to go with Jon," Tormund said. "That's why the Free Folk decided to go home. There's nothing left for us here."

"Oh," Ella sighed. The lone wolf was unsure why she felt this way. Upset, disappointed, and the slightest ounce of anger. She assumed Tormund would want her to join the Free Folk and him. But now she wasn't sure.

Silence fell between the pair as snow fell from the sky. The lone wolf fixed her eyes on the leaves above as Tormund rose from his spot.

"I better see to our traveling arrangements," Tormund grunted.