The Dragon and the Wolf

Later that night, Ella laid in her bed next to Tormund

Later that night, Ella laid in her bed next to Tormund. The great lumbering wilding snored loudly, while Ella laid wide awake. Not because of the noise her lover made, nor because of the howling winter winds outside her window. But because of her younger brother revealing Westeros' most guarded secret.

 A secret that caused war and death across the kingdom. One little sliver of truth that could have saved not only the life of her father, but possibly her mother. A secret that was kept for slightly over twenty years. A secret that was her life and the truth about herself and her twin brother. 

Sleep seemed to evade Ella as her mind raced with thoughts worries. Impulsively, Ella rolled out of her feather bed. She grabbed her fur cloak from the floor, quickly slipping it over her nightgown. She tiptoed out of her room and down the hall. 

The lone wolf navigated her way through the twist and turns of the corridors, then arrived at her destination. She lifted her hand to knock on the door, but was greeted instantly with a rush of warmth. Her eyes widened at the sight of her brother Bran. It was as though he was waiting for her. 

"Bran, Why are you up so late?" Ella asked as he invited her in. 

The young Stark closed the door behind her, and she took a seat at a small round table situated in the corner of his room. 

"Waiting for you, of course," Bran stated blankly. 

"Of course," Ella nodded. "What with your visions and all."

"Now, um, I assume you know why I'm here," Ella cleared her throat as eyes met Bran's.

"I do," he said.

"Bran, I need to hear it for myself," Ella said as tears burned her eyes. "Were they truly in love? I mean, these people who are the reason why I'm here, and I don't even know what they truly look like.  I have all these questions, and this has been bothering me since Jon and I discovered the truth. I don't even feel like I know who I am anymore. I just-"

"Give me your hand." Bran outstretched his towards Ella, intertwining his fingers with hers.

Bran closed his eyes, leaning his head against the smooth wood of his chair. In a matter of seconds, the gray castle walls faded. 

"Where in the seven hells are we Bran?" Ella looked around her, realizing they were no longer in Winterfell, and realizing Bran was no longer bound to his wheelchair. Panic filled the young girl, unsure of what was going on. "And how are you standing? There's no way you can walk. I was there when you were pushed from the tower! I saw-"

Bran ignored her, only to grab her hand and pull her along. The pair walked along the bank of the river, then halted. 

"Father, Smith, Warrior," a pair of voices changed in unison, filling Ella's ears. Words she recognized to only spoken in a wedding ceremony. Ella's silver eyes landed on the intertwined hands of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. A septon wrapped a light gray ribbon around their hands, bonding them together.