The Younger Stark

"Well, that was an eventful meeting," Ella huffed as she, Jon, and Daenerys strolled through the encampment surrounding Winterfell

"Well, that was an eventful meeting," Ella huffed as she, Jon, and Daenerys strolled through the encampment surrounding Winterfell. Hours passed them quickly after the meeting in the Great Hall, and the twins and the Dragon Queen needed to tend to war preparations.

"We still have much to do before the Night King and his army arrive at our doorsteps," Jon sighed. "The trenches on the outer perimeter of the castle need to be finished. The wooden spikes also need to be set up. All of the forged weapons need to be placed around the castle for the fighters."

"Jon, I assure you everyone is working hard and quickly to prepare for the Night King," Ella said. "Now come on, relax for a minute. I think you need to take a quick walk. Would you like to accompany us, your Grace?"

"A walk through the snow sounds lovely," Daenerys smiled.

As the trio trudged through the ankle deep snow, Daenerys came to a stop. They were several feet away from the soldiers when she sighed. Ella noticed the look of despair on the Queen's face.

"What seems to be the matter?" Ella asked.

"Your sister doesn't like me," she admitted.

"She doesn't know you," Jon sighed. "If it makes you feel any better, she didn't like Ella nor myself when we were growing up. She looked for ways to get us in trouble with her mother. I'm sure if you just-"

"She doesn't need to be my friend," Daenerys interjected. "But I am her queen. If she can't respect me-"

Before the Queen could continue, their conversation was cut short by the approaching Dothraki on horseback. Daenerys scurried over to her men, while Jon and Ella followed at her heels.

Daenerys greeted her men in a foreign tongue. The Dothraki men discussed an important matter with their queen before riding away. A look of concern fell over Daenerys as she turned to the Snow twins.

"What's the matter?" Jon asked.

"The dragons are barely eating," she replied.

Daenerys began to walk away, and Jon looked to Ella.

"Go on," Ella said. "Go with her. She may need your help. I'll stay here and check on things."

Jon nodded and followed quickly after his queen. Ella turned on her heel and stalked back to the castle, heading straight to the godswood. The place that brought Ella comfort and healing during stressful times.

Ella sat at the base of the weirwood tree, closing her eyes to think. The last time she sat in the godswood was the night before Jon and her left

Images from her past came flooding to her mind. The Night King, Tormund. All of her loved ones that were missing from her life. And images of the other wildlings who died at the Wall.

In this silent moment, Ella swore to all the gods that she would avenge her lover's death. She vowed to bring honor to Tormund's memory in the fight to come. She would fight in the upcoming battle and not rest until the Night King paid for his crimes.

After a few more moments of silence, Ella rose from the snow covered ground. She dusted off her long cloak, giving the weirwood tree one last look.

"I remember you being taller," a soft voice called out to the lone wolf.

Ella quickly turned around to see her long lost sister, Arya Stark, standing in front of her. The once small girl with the toothless grin stood before Ella as a woman.

"How did you manage to sneak up on me?" Ella questioned the quiet wolf.

"How did Jon survive a knife through the heart? How did you survive a fall into the fire?" Arya inquired.

"I'm not sure," Ella admitted. "I guess luck was on our side this whole time."

Arya dashed to Ella, hugging her tightly. Ella wrapped her arms around her sister's small frame. The two remained close until Arya pulled away.

"Is that the sword Jon had made for you all those years ago?" Ella motioned to the sword attached to Arya's right hip. The weeks following up to their departure to Castle Black, Jon had the sword made for their youngest sister. A token for her to remember him by. And Ella couldn't believe the little wolf kept it all this time.

"Needle," Arya smiled as she unsheathed her sword.

"Have you ever used it?" Ella asked, running her thumb over the smooth metal.

"Once or twice," Arya smirked.

"You know, Jon has a Valyrian steel sword," Ella said as Arya placed Needle in its sheath. "Called Longclaw. The Lord Commander of Castle Black gave it to Jon as a token of appreciation. He even had the pommel changed to a white direwolf. I think you'd like it."

"It'd be too heavy for me," Arya smiled.

Ella nodded, changing the subject. "Where were you before?" She asked. "Jon could have used you to help with Sansa."

"Sansa doesn't like the Dragon Queen," Arya said.

"No," Ella sighed. "She doesn't. I don't think she trusts her because Daenerys is an outsider."

"She's just looking out for our family," Arya note. "And for the North."

"Which is exactly what Jon and I are trying to do, little wolf," Ella sighed. "I don't expect them to become best friends at the end of this, but Sansa and Daenerys need to at least pretend to get along if we're going to win this war. We all need to get along."

"I know," Arya said. "Just don't forget that you two have been our family long before the Mother of Dragons entered the North."