Chapter 15: Old Memories

Y/N's P.O.V

We are in the back truck after being arrested by the S.T.R.I.K.E squad. I've also found out that not only is Bucky Barnes is alive, but he is also my father.

Since we've been in the truck I've been try and figure out how all of this is possible. I then look over at Steve and I can tell that he is just as confused as I am.

Steve: It was him. He looked right at me and, he didn't even recognise me.

Sam: I don't get how that's even possible. It was over seventy years ago.

Steve: Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. They experimented on him. Whatever he did must of helped Bucky survive that fall. They must have found him...

Natasha: That's not on you Steve.

Steve: Even when I had no-one. I had Bucky.

There was a moment of silence. Then Steve looked at me.

Steve: Y/N, are you okay? You haven't said a word since we got arrested.

I breathe in heavily.

Y/N: He's my father. Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier is my father.

Sam: Wait, what are you talking about?

Y/N: Sitwell. Sitwell told me that Bucky was the Winter Soldier and that he was my father. I didn't say anything before because I wanted to be sure. Now I am. As soon as I saw his face I knew it was true.

Steve then looked at mum in disbelief.

Steve: Nat, is that true?

Mum nod in response.

Steve: Y/N, I'm so sorry that you had to find out that way.

I nod in appreciation.

After another moment of silence Sam spoke to one of the guards.

Sam: You need to get a doctor. If we don't put pressure on the wound she'll die.

The guard activates their shock baton and used it to take down the other guard. The guard took off their helmet to reaval Maria Hill underneath it.

Maria: Man, that thing was sqeezing my brain.

Maria then looks at Sam.

Maria: Who's this guy?

Third person prospective

The S.T.R.I.K.E trucks and SUV's dove down an alleyway and into a tunnel. Rumlow and memebers of the S.T.R.I.K.E team got out of the lead SUV.

Rumlow: We need three holes start digging. Remember Pierce wants the boy alive and un-harmed.

Once they open up the back of the truck they see that the prisoners are gone.

Y/N P.O.V

After escaping from the S.T.R.I.K.E squad Hill takes us to a remote location.

Once we get there Sam and I help mum get out of the van due to her bullet wound and the blood lose she's having trouble staying on her feet.

We make our way inside a doctor comes over to us.

Maria: GSW. She's lost at least a pint.

Sam: Maybe two.

Doctor: Okay, let me take her.

Maria: Wait she'll want to see him first.

We didn't know what Hill meant when she said that until we went further down the hall

Hill then pulled back a curtain to reveal an alive Nick Fury.

Nick Fury: Well its about damn time.

Once we got all of the obvious questions out of the way Fury starts to explain everything.

Nick Fury: Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver and one hell of headache.

Doctor: Don't forget your collapsed lung.

Nick Fury: Oh yeah, let's not forget that. Otherwise I'm all good.

Mum looked at Fury

Natasha: They cut you open. Your heart stopped.

Fury then went on to explain how he used something Bruce Banner had created for stress to slow down his heart beat enough to make us believe he was dead.

Steve: I don't get it. Why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us?

Maria: Any attempt on the director's life had to have looked successful.

Nick Fury: They can't kill you if your already dead. Besides I didn't know who I could trust.

Third person prospective

In undisclosed HYDRA location doctor's are fixing the Winter Soldier arm after all the damage that it had taken.

But in that moment Bucky started to have flashbacks to when HYDRA had captured him after his fall, after giving him his metal arm and putting him in cryo freeze.

This causes Bucky to lash out and hit the doctor working on his arm across the room. After this all the guards point their guns at him.

After everything calms down Alexander Pierce comes in to talk to the Winter Soldier.

Pierce: Mission report.

Bucky was silent.

Pierce: Mission report. Now.

Bucky was silent once again.

This angered Pierce so he slapped Bucky in the face. Bucky then spoke.

Bucky: That man on the bridge. Who was he?

Pierce sat down infront of him.

Pierce: You met him early this week on another assignment.

Bucky: I knew him.

Pierce looks down at the ground.

Bucky: And that boy, he looked familiar. I knew him too didn't I?

Pierce: That boy is someone very special. And if all goes according to plan he will be with us in no time.

Pierce went on to explain how Bucky has shaped the century because of the work he's done for HYDRA and, that if he doesn't continue to do that great work HYDRA can't give the world it's freedom.

But all Bucky could think about was the man and the boy.

Bucky: But I knew them.

Pierce then decided that he needs his memory wiped. So the doctors lock him down in the chair electro shock his brain to turn him into a brainwashed assassin once again.