Chapter 12: Help From A Friend

Sam's P.O.V

I was on my daily morning run and I realised that hadn't see or heard from Steve for a couple of days now and, I don't know whether that's a good thing or not.

Once I made it back home after a few minutes I heard a knock on the door, which confused as I wasn't expecting anyone.

I go to the door and open it to see Steve, Y/N and the Red head that had picked up Steve a couple days before.

Sam: Hey guys.

Steve: Hey, I'm sorry to have to do this to you.

Y/N: Yeah sorry Sam, but we need a place to lay low for awhile.

Red Head: Everyone we know is trying to kill us.

I look at the three of them and judging by their clothes and faces they do need the help.

Sam: Not everyone.

I move aside to let them in. I then look outside just to be on the safe side before closing the door and pulling the blinds down.

Steve's P.O.V

After letting Y/N get cleaned up first Nat and I go in afterwards. Whilst I'm getting cleaned up I can't help but notice that Natasha has said much since she came to. So after coming out of the bathroom I decided to talk to her.

Steve: Hey, you okay?

Nat then looks up at me.

Natasha: Yeah I'm fine.

Given the way she said that I didn't buy it for a moment.

Steve: Come on, talk to me. What's going on?

Natasha: You know, when I joined S.H.I.E.L.D I thought I was finally going straight. It turns out I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew the lies I was telling, but I guess I can't tell the difference that much.

Steve: Well, there's a chance you might be in the wrong business Romanoff.

Natasha: I owe you.

Steve: No you don’t. Its okay.

Natasha: If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life. Would you trust me to do it?

Steve: I would now. And I'm always honest.

Natasha: Well you seem chipper for someone how just found out they died for no reason.

Steve: Well, I guess I just like to know who I'm fighting.

Sam: I made breakfast. If you guys eat that sorta thing.

Sam then walks out of the room, with Natasha and I coming out after him.

Y/N's P.O.V

After cleaing up and eating the three of us along with Sam tried to figure how we were gonna get back inside S.H.I.E.L.D to stop Insight from launching.

Natasha: So the question is, who inside S.H.I.E.L.D has the authority to launch a domestic missile strike?

After thinking for a moment Steve looked up at us.

Steve: Pierce.

Natasha: Who just so happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in D.C.

Steve: Well, he's obviously not working alone considering Zola's algorithm was on the Lumarian Star.

After hearing Steve say that I realised something and looked at mum and Steve.

Y/N: Yeah, and so was Jasper Sitwell.

Steve: So, the real question is. How do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D agent in broad daylight?

Sam then came over to us with a file with the word "FALCON" on it in big black letters.

Sam: The answer is, you don't.

Steve: What's this?

Sam: Call it a rèsumè.

The three of us looked at the file.

Natasha: Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission that was you?

Sam nodded in response

Natasha: You guys didn't say he was a pararescue.

I then notice a picture of and Sam and another guy in a similar uniform.

Y/N: Was this your partner? Riley?

Sam: Yeah.

Natasha: I heard they couldn't bring any choppers due to the RPG's. What did you use a stealthchute?

Sam: No. These.

Sam then handed us another photo.

Steve: I thought you said you were a pilot.

Sam smiled at this.

Sam: I never said I was a pilot.

Steve: I can't ask you to do this Sam. You got out of a good reason.

Sam: Dude Captain America needs my help, so there's no better reason to get back in.

Steve: Okay, where can we get our hands on one of these?

Sam: The last one is at Fort Meade. It's behind three guarded gates and a three inch steel wall.

Steve then looks at me wanting to know if I could use my powers to get in there. I think about it for a couple of seconds, then nod in response.

Steve: Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem.

Y/N: What he means is it shouldn't be a problem for me.

Sam looks at me with a confused look on his face.

Sam: What do you mean you?

I look at him and started chuckling.

Y/N: Well, since your a part of the team. I guess you should know the truth about me.

To show him what I mean I use my powers to jump up and stick to his ceiling.

He looked at for a moment in complete shock.

Sam: Wow.... So you're the...

Y/N: Yeah, I am.

So after letting Sam in on everything we leave his place to go and find Jasper Sitwell.