Hungover

I woke up in Scotts bed. I groaned and sat up. It was super bright so I put on some sunglasses from his desk and walked downstairs, cocooned in his blanket.
"Wow- you look..." Lydia stated but I shushed her quickly. Malia walked over to me and sat me on the couch. "You regret it don't you."
"Absolutely." I led down and rested my head on her lap.

I led in her lap as she brushed my hair for the rest of the day.

"Brett's missing." Scott announced.
"What?" I was shocked.
"I-" Malia was unsure whether to stay or go.
"Go." I insisted, raising my head to let her up.

I stayed in Scotts living room until my phone rang. "Hello?" I was hoping it was news about Brett but it was only Chris.
"Y/n you need to get to the hospital morgue now." Before I could ask why he hung up.

I went to the key bowl and found a note.
If you think we're letting you drive think again.
I stressed for a minute and walked out the door. The hospital wasn't far so my walk was short and when I got there Chris and Melissa were gathered outside the morgue.

"So why can't you do it?"
"Just get the tissue sample." I sighed, taking the scalpel and walking in. I still had Scott's sunglasses on as I walked to the body.
I lifted the sheet to see a faceless body which made me grimace. The scalpel slid across the shoulder and I put it in the petri-dish before walking out and joining them.

"Thats it?"
"Yeah, why?"
"You didn't feel scared or anything?"
"No it was just a faceless body. I don't see the problem." I placed it in Melissas hands and looked at their confused faces through the glasses.
"Your too hungover to care aren't you?"
"Absolutely." I responded, walking away.

I thought it would be nice to take the scenic route back to Scotts house so I walked along the dimly lit streets. I was alone with my thoughts, and my banging headache.

I stared at the sky, occasionally looking down to check where I was walking. The roads were dangerously quiet until I heard the clash of a manhole. Brett and Lori were climbing out, but it was a bad idea. A car was speeding down the road and they didn't know.

"Brett! Lo-!" Before I could finish they had been thrown across the road. I ran past the bloodied car and rushed to help. Lori had black veins and Brett was dying. "No, no, no, no."
"Close your eyes." She cried into him as I tried to do something. I knew nothing would work. Liam burst through the manhole all wolfed up.
"I couldn't take away his pain..."
"It's okay." I said through tears as the rested her head on him and finally let go.

My attention turned to Liam who roared loudly. People from nearby streets and cars climbed out as I rushed to put sunglasses on his eyes and hide his claws. "Liam, Liam they're gone. And you should be too." He ran off and I looked around at the crowds of scared people and then down at Scott and Malia in the tunnels.

I turned back to the bodies on the street and collapsed in tears next to them. Nobody came near us, too afraid that I was one as-well.

Police soon arrived and Noah pulled me away. Scott and Malia hadn't come up because I signalled not too by putting back the lid of the manhole.

"They killed Brett and Lori." I shakily whispered.
"I know." He pulled me close and I hugged him. He walked me back to his car in which I just sat and stared.

I was driven back to the house as soon as the bodies were taken in, but I didn't sleep. The image of it all ran through my head like a looping movie.

"You okay?"
"No." I groaned through the covers.
"Okay." Malia climbed next to me, in not attempt to get me out of bed.
"I'm needed aren't I?"
"Yeah- Scott wants to meet you at Liams house." I got dressed.
"Can I have my keys back?"
"Yeah when you get to Liams house." I frowned before giggling and kissed her as I left.