Progression of Friendship

2 Months Later

The month was now June and the students at Aldera middle school had finished their midterm exams just a day ago and they would be getting their final scores by the end of today.

Izuku was walking to school, wondering if Kyouka was ahead of him or something. 'She probably woke up early to make sure to get to school on time. Well either way I'll see Jirou in class when I get there.'

He took in a calming breath as he looked at the birds passing by him. He was certainly at a false sense of security, not knowing a certain figure approaching him from behind.

"Hey, Midoriya."

"Ahh!" The boy screamed as he looked back to see his purple haired friend right in front of him. This caused his face to go red as he looked down to the ground. "J-Jirou you couldn't have given me a warning first?"

The young girl laughed a little as she crossed her arms. "Well I'm sorry, I saw you right in front of me and I wanted to say hey."

In reality, this wasn't the first or even the 10th time that she's snuck up on him from behind. But every time he would have the same reaction and it would be so adorable every time he did it. It definitely wouldn't be getting old for her anytime soon.

She remembered the first time she did that to him about a month ago when there was one night she overslept from spending the entire night writing in her notebook about how much Izuku impressed her with his analytical skills after the two of them witnessed some heroes stopping a villain that day. She had to rush to school so she wouldn't miss walking there with the green haired boy and came up to him from behind, getting that reaction.

Ever since then, she would come up to him from behind once in a while just to see that reaction of his that she loved to see.

She knew that she should feel a little bad for taking advantage of his shyness like this, but she just can't resist seeing that reaction every time.

Soon enough, Izuku started to regain his composure and smiled at her as the red in his face started to go away. "It's okay...So how do you think you did on yesterday's exam."

"Umm, I think I did okay...Hopefully, I got at least above 70 points." The girl said as she rubbed her arm a little.

For all the studying she's been doing before the exam, she would at least hope that she did well at it. She even had to cut her time watching Izuku in class to pay attention to the teacher these past couple of weeks in order to understand the material better so it better have been worth it.

"I'm sure you did good on the exam, if anything I probably did kind of bad. Even though I felt like I knew the material, I guess I just had a bad feeling during the test. Maybe it was just the nerves." The aspiring hero said, trying to hide how nervous he was about the results.

Sure he personally considered himself to be a good enough student, but this being a midterm exam in middle school was making him crazy nervous. His future would certainly depend on his future school work, especially if he wanted to apply to U.A once he's a third year student.

Even though he knew that Kyouka would understand how nervous he was and would probably help him through his nerves, he felt like he had to keep these thoughts to himself to not burden her with his issues.

The preteen girl internally sighed at the way he talked about himself. She knew he did amazing on the test, but here he was doubting himself. She's always wondered why he's always had so little confidence, but if she had to guess it was because of his bully.

Not too long after her first day of school, she learned that Kacchan's name is actually Katsuki Bakugo from attendance, but of course, she didn't care as much that she got the wrong name as she did for Izuku. She would keep calling him Kacchan, but she assumed it was a term of endearment since all of his lackeys call him that as well.