To Protect Each Other

"Oh come on. What's going on here? He's just as strong as he's always been. Dammit. Don't tell me I was lied to." Shigaraki said to himself as he started to scratch his neck.

"What's wrong? Not attacking me? Didn't you say you were going to clear this level earlier? Well, come and get me, if you dare." All Might challenged to intimidate the villains as Shigaraki started to look scared.

"Man, this is... intense." Bakugo said as he watched the staredown between All Might and the villains.

"As I expected. There's no reason for us to fight now. He'll handle this." Todoroki stated, feeling like the battle is over.

Kirishima noticed that the two friends were still focused on All Might as he smiled. "Come on, you two. We should regroup with the other guys. The last thing we wanna do is get taken hostage or get in his way."

Both Izuku and Kyouka were thinking similar things right now as the girl clenched her fists. 'Dammit. I can see the steam coming out of his body. He's on the verge of transforming. He's having to resort to bluffing right now, but how much time does he have left until he transforms? If the villains see his scrawny form then they'll surely attack us. He can't do anything right now.'

"What? Are you scared?" The number one hero asked to continue to stall for time, hoping that the villains will either surrender or run away.

Shigaraki started to scratch his neck aggressively as he got more frustrated. "If only Nomu was here... he'd rush you right now. Pound you into the ground without giving it a second thought."

"Tomura Shigaraki! Please, do not fret." Kurogiri reassured his colleague before looking at All Might. "Look at him. He has definitely weakened. Nomu's attacks were successful. He's on his own. The children appear to be frozen in fear. And, look, our underlings are recovering. We likely still have a few minutes before their reinforcements arrive. If you and I work together, we can do this. We haven't missed our chance to kill All Might."

Shigaraki stopped scratching his neck as he regained his composure. "Yeah. Yeah, you're right. This is it. We have no choice. We have to do it now. I mean, the big end-boss is right here."

The rest of the low-level villains started to stand up as the red haired boy hardened his arms. "I think All Might can hold his own against these two main guys. Let's make sure these dudes don't hurt anybody else."

The half and half boy then turned to the two friends. "Will you be joining us?"

The purple haired girl glanced at Izuku to see that he's still looking at All Might. 'I know what you're about to do, Izuku... All Might's in danger and he can't do anything about it. And being the hero that you are, you're going to try to save him. I love that about you, but you do things on your own too many damn times.'

"Consider this revenge for what you did to Nomu!" Shigaraki yelled out as he ran towards the hero with Kurogiri creating a warp gate.

Suddenly, Izuku jumped towards the villains, breaking his legs in the process as his arm started to glow.

"Whoa, Midoriya!" Kirishima called out, surprised that his classmate got there so fast. "Jirou, you gotta keep your friend still in these types of situations."

"I wish I could do that, Kirishima..." Kyouka said as she raised her earphone jack. "But I know that I'll never manage to make him stop something he has his heart set on."

"Don't you touch All Might! You stupid villains!" Izuku shouted as his arm started to glow, preparing to use a smash on Kurogiri.

Shigaraki was about to put his hand through the warp gate, but a soundwave was suddenly fired at the villain as he put his hands over his ears. "W-What is this...?"