Messy Situations

While Kyouka, Shoto, and Katsuki were dealing with Muscular, other students faced their own adversaries.

Shoji was heavily panting as a few of his arms were severed, blood dripping down from them. He was hiding behind a thick tree, leaning his back against it.

"Are you okay, Aoyama?" Shoji looked down at Aoyama, who was crouching down in front of him while lightly whimpering. "No cuts on you?"

Aoyama's entire body was trembling as he held himself. "Non, but please worry about yourself. Look at your arms..."

"I'll be fine. My arms can regenerate as long as I have the originals. Only the duplicates were severed. So, no permanent damage here." Shoji gave Aoyama a smile from under his mask. It was obviously a pained smile, but he did his best to work through it. "I only got one good hit on that guy. But it was enough to temporarily discombobulate him so we could hide. But this villain has the instincts of a hunter. I feel we're one wrong move away from being found again..."

"I'm sorry, Shoji. I'm so sorry..." Aoyama continued to apologize under his breath, tears welling up in his eyes as he held himself tighter, but Shoji just placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, you don't have to apologize for my state. I managed to protect you and you don't have a scratch on your body, do you? I call that a success." Shoji let out a quiet groan as he closed his eyes for a second. "But I'd be lying if I said this doesn't hurt like crazy...If you're really that sorry, then pay me back with a soda when we get back."

Aoyama nodded, wiping away his tears as he tried to force a smile. "Oui...A soda."

However, their luck of being able to stay hidden wouldn't last for long as both boys felt the hairs on the back of their necks stand on end. They both slowly turned their heads to be met with the sight of their hunter.

It was a man whose entire body was wrapped in a black straight jacket, the only exposed part of his body being his mouth, which was being held wide open by metal clamps.

Drool was dripping from this man's mouth as his teeth extended into razor-sharp blades that went into the ground, slowly lifting his body up with these blades. "More flesh...Give more flesh...Break from work..."

'I didn't even hear him approach us! How quiet can he be?!'

Shoji's eyes widened as he glanced at the ground, seeing a trail of blood that came from his severed arms. He internally cursed himself for being so careless and not trying to cover up his tracks.

"More flesh!" The villain's teeth extended into multiple blades, shooting at the two teens.

Shoji shoved Aoyama away, ready to take every single blade himself. He felt that he was the only one who deserved to get killed, knowing that it was his fault that they were caught.

His life flashed before his eyes, seeing the blades come at him in slow motion, not noticing a fourth person entering the scene.

"Smash!" Izuku drop-kicked the flat side of the blades, shattering them in an instant.

Shards of metal fell to the ground as Izuku landed, holding a phone in hand.

"Did he really have to hang up on me?" Izuku frowned at his phone before pocketing it and keeping his eyes trained on the villain in front of him.

Izuku slowly reached for his necklace, soon feeling that Kyouka's heartbeat was much lower than it was before. Then that must mean that she's doing fine. Even if she isn't, then she's definitely in a better state than she was before.

Even though he had no way to confirm Kota's well-being, he had faith that Kyouka had managed to keep him safe.

For the first time in a long time, he truly felt grateful for Katsuki, and that he was able to help those two.