Izuku Vs Todoroki

Kyouka and Izuku were walking through the halls that led to the waiting rooms and the whole time Izuku was silent, looking troubled by something.

'Is he worried about his match about Todoroki or... is he thinking of Uraraka?' Kyouka thought to herself as she instinctively clenched her fists. 'He's probably feeling sorry that he couldn't help her more for her match. Why does he have to worry so much about her? It's a competition. People are supposed to win or lose. He didn't seem so beat up over Sero or Kaminari's losses. Would he act like this if I lost my match? I thought her losing would make him think about her less, not the other way around.'

It's as if no matter what would've happened, Izuku would be thinking about Ochako.

After all, he probably appreciates determination much more than victory.

'I have to get his mind off of her before his thoughts can go anywhere else. And then when it's time for my match, I'll show him how much better I am than her.'

Kyouka was about to start up a conversation with Izuku before hearing footsteps in front of them.

Bakugo was walking up the stairs and immediately made an irritated look as he saw the two friends, stopping in place.

"Kaccha-" Izuku started to say before being cut off by Kyouka putting her hand over his mouth.

"What the hell are you two doing here?" Bakugo asked, his eyes twitching from irritation.

"If we ignore it, then maybe it'll go away." Kyouka whispered loudly before Izuku nodded, causing Bakugo's eye to twitch even more.

'I guess I should've expected to run into him here. His match barely ended, after all. But I just want some peace and quiet with Izuku and he's not going to ruin it.'

"Don't ignore me, you bastards!" Bakugo shouted before taking a few steps up the stairs. "Deku. It was your idea, wasn't it? That stupid desperate plan of hers. You would come up with something that annoying. If we-"

"You're wrong." Izuku cut off Bakugo as he stopped walking before looking back at him. "That plan. Uraraka came up with it all on her own. I didn't know anything about it. If that battle was harder than you thought it would be, then it's because of her strategy, not mine."

Bakugo growled in response before Kyouka grabbed Izuku's arm and pulled him away. "We don't need to waste any more of our time with him."

She didn't start pulling Izuku away just because she wanted to stop talking to Bakugo, but she mainly wanted to stop hearing Izuku praise Ochako anymore.

"One more thing, Deku. I don't know what's going on with you, but that damn power of yours is just pissing me off even more." Bakugo stated as he glared holes into the back of Izuku's head. "I don't care whether I'm killing you or that half and half bastard. I'm going to win."

Izuku just sighed before continuing to walk away with Kyouka until they were out of Bakugo's earshot. "Kyouka, be honest with me, do you think I can beat Todoroki and then possibly Kacchan?"

Kyouka looked taken aback by the question before quickly putting on a smile. "Are you kidding me? Of course you'll beat both of them. Don't tell me you're doubting yourself now."

"It's not that I doubt myself at all. But it's just those two aren't just strong, they're so determined to win." Izuku said as he stared at the floor. "They don't think of this as some kind of fun festival like some people do. And they might want to win this even more than I do. Especially Todoroki..."

Kyouka punched his arm to get his attention. "Hey, stop it with that kind of talk. This is the exact reason I came with you. I knew you were going to think crap like that. Listen to me. You're going to mop the floor with Todoroki and then do the same to Bakugo. Am I clear?"