Training for the Sports Festival

Kyouka felt sweat covering her entire body as she laid on the sand with the merciless heat of the sun cooking her alive.

She felt like she was going to die.

Kyouka panted heavily as she looked up at the sky, seeing a flock of birds pass by her. "I...I can't... do this anymore..."

The young girl should've expected this to happen to her, but she was too naive to think otherwise. She actually thought she could make it through this alright. Right now she wished that she could go back in time and tell her past self to not make the same mistakes she made.

"Is this where I die...?" The purple haired girl asked herself as she started to raise her arm to reach for the sun.

Kyouka then thought of Izuku as she started to smile, feeling at peace with herself at the fact that he's okay and that he'll live on without her.

"Kyouka...?" She heard a voice call to her as she looked up to see a figure right above her, but not being able to tell who it was.

'God? Is that you?' Kyouka thought to herself as she started to close her eyes. 'I'm okay with this. I've lived a happy life. I just wish that I could see his beautiful smile one last time.'

"Kyouka, are you alright?" She heard the same voice ask her.

"Not now. Currently dying." The purple haired girl simply said as she slowly shook her head.

She then started to hear a laugh from the figure. "Come on. Is it really that bad?"

Kyouka started to open her eyes and she finally noticed that it was Izuku right above her before she pouted. "Yes. I thought you said that today was going to be easy."

Izuku wiped some sweat off his forehead before rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, I meant it was going to be easy for me. I didn't expect you to try to copy my workouts today."

The purple haired girl started to sit up as she sighed. "Well, you usually do these hardcore workouts while I do my own lighter workouts. So I wanted to know what it would be like from your side."

"Is it too much for you?" The green haired boy lightly teased as he chuckled.

"Maybe a little. But there's also the fact that you chose to have our workouts at the beach today. Not cool." Kyouka retorted to try to make some excuse for her difficulty.

"But running on the sand is more beneficial than running on hard surfaces." Izuku explained before sitting next to his friend.

"I know that. Let me just make my excuses, okay?" The purple haired girl said as she laughed before looking at her hero. "Just one week left, huh?"

The green haired boy nodded as he sighed. "Yeah... I'm not 100% sure if I'm ready for it... both mentally and physically."

Kyouka raised an eyebrow before shaking her head as she smiled. "You're being ridiculous. Of course you're ready. What makes you think that you're not?"

"Well... it's just that I don't know what to expect in the festival. I know nothing about the quirks of the other students, including Class 1-B. Even the other courses could have something up their sleeves. For all I know they could have amazing quirks that I'll have no chance against." Izuku said before looking down at the sand. "And then there's our classmates. I still don't know the full capabilities of all of their quirks and it's possible they'll improve greatly within these 2 weeks. Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited for this festival, but I can't help but be scared as well."

The purple haired girl stared at Izuku for a few seconds as her smile started to fade away. 'I guess I didn't really think about how scared he must be by the competition...'