Battle for Love and Glory

Kyouka was still standing at the entrance of the waiting room as she kept her eyes on Ochako. 'Of all the waiting rooms I had to walk into, why'd it have to be one she's in? The universe loves to toy with me sometimes, doesn't it?'

Meanwhile, Ochako seemed really confused as Kyouka still said nothing. "Jirou? Hello?"

The purple haired girl snapped back to reality at hearing Ochako talking before blinking a few times. "Huh? Oh... Sup, Uraraka. My bad, I just came cause I wanted a place to clear my head before my match."

"You're nervous about your match?" The brown haired girl asked before laughing a little as she covered her mouth. "Don't worry, I can relate big time. And I'd be worried too if I was up against Yaoyorozu."

"Exactly. We're both just two nervous girls and it seems like you want to focus. I wouldn't want to be a bother to you, so I'll be taking my leave." Kyouka said as she took a step back, getting ready to head towards another waiting room right away.

The brown haired girl shook her head as she smiled. "No, I'd love to have your company, Jirou. Maybe you being here will ease my nerves a little."

The purple haired girl held in a sigh before pointing towards another waiting room. "You sure? I mean, I seriously don't mind leav-"

"No, please stay!" Ochako cut off Kyouka, making the other girl jump at the sudden shouting before she sighed. "I'm so sorry for shouting like that... I'm just super nervous and I feel like I need someone to talk to right now."

'And she thinks I'm the right person for the job? Fuck, I wish Iida was here right now to talk to her instead of me. But if I just leave her all alone when she needs me, then she might tell Izuku and make me look bad. Guess I gotta be the "supportive friend".'

Kyouka really didn't want to stay here with Ochako of all people, much less talk with her. But she felt like she didn't really have much of a choice.

The purple haired girl internally groaned before walking towards Ochako and taking a seat across from her. "Alright, I'm here for you. I'll do whatever I can to ease your nerves until it's time for my match."

Ochako bowed her head. "Thank you so much for this, Jirou. I hope I don't seem like an annoyance to you."

Kyouka waved her off as she shook her head. "Not at all. I don't think you could ever seem like an annoyance."

'You are an annoyance, but an annoyance I have no choice but to deal with.'

The brown haired girl sighed in relief. "Thank goodness. I wouldn't want you to hate me."

"That could never happen." Kyouka said before awkwardly tapping on the table as she tried to come up with any topic of conversation. "So... Who do you think will win? Ashido or Aoyama? Their match is happening as we speak."

Ochako closed her eyes to think before opening them. "Hmm... I'll place my bets on Ashido. She's got a lot of skill. No offense to Aoyama, but I don't think he'll be able to hit her with his laser."

The purple haired girl nodded in agreement. "Good point. Ashido is definitely one of the most flexible people in class and since she uses her quirk to slip and slide around, then dodging those lasers wouldn't be an issue. Especially since Aoyoama can only fire his lasers in short 1 second bursts. But who knows, maybe he can push himself to fire his laser for a longer period of time. That would give him more of an edge."

The brown haired girl couldn't help but giggle as she looked at Kyouka. "You know, you kinda remind me of Dekiru right now. I wouldn't be surprised if you started to mutter like crazy."