The Desired Night

It was the morning after the attack on the camp, and everyone was at the hospital, either getting treated or waiting to see their friends.

Some were there to do both.

"You should be all healed up now, sweetie. But that wound on your arm will leave a scar." Recovery Girl informed Kyouka, replacing the bandage on her arm.

Kyouka smiled at the woman before slowly moving around her ankle and looking at her left earphone jack, which looked as good as new. "The pain's all gone now. Thank you."

"Take this." Recovery Girl handed Kyouka a lollipop.

"Again, thanks." Kyouka unwrapped the lollipop before putting it in her mouth. "So, how's Iz-everyone else doing?"

Recovery Girl caught what Kyouka intended to say and shot her a small smirk. "Midoriya is completely fine. My healing exhausted him, so he's just resting for now. I predict he'll be awake in a few hours." She then let out a sigh. "Regarding everyone else, Ojiro, Hagakure, and Shoji lost a lot of blood, but it's a blessing that they were treated that night and given first aid before they got to me. But they'll have to rest for a few days. Todoroki and Shiozaki are resting for now, but like Midoriya, give them a few hours and they'll be as good as new. There are also those students who were affected by the gas who haven't woken up yet, but their lives aren't in any danger."

"That's good to hear." Kyouka looked up at the clock on the wall, staring at it.

She watched the seconds slowly go by while she thought about what happened last night.

After their so-called failure last night and when Izuku calmed down, Momo informed Izuku about a tracking device she placed on that one unconscious villain, who apparently was the cause of some kind of gas that covered a good chunk of the forest.

She also brought up that she could create a device that can receive the signal, and that she'll give it to the police and the heroes as soon as possible.

For everyone else, it was all great news. There was hope for Katsuki to be rescued from the villains.

But for Kyouka, it spelled nothing but unnecessary trouble. She understood it was wrong for her to wish that Katsuki could just stay with the villains, but she didn't care.

For all she knew, if Katsuki is rescued, who's to say that he won't have already been turned over to the villains?

It would be better if this entire situation was ignored, and they all just left him with the villains. Not like they'll hurt him anyway, since they want to recruit him.

However, she knows that the world doesn't revolve around her wants, so a rescue attempt will almost definitely be made by the heroes.

'If I'm lucky, Bakugo will show his true colors by the time he's rescued and make the heroes want to throw his ass into custody. It's a win-win for me and the heroes...But mostly me.'

Just as she saw the second hand complete its cycle, the door to the room opened, revealing All Might standing at the doorway.

The man was in his scrawny form and gently knocked on the doorway. "May I come in..."

Kyouka's muscles tensed in response to All Might entering the room, but she did her best to keep her cool and relax her body, not wanting to bring forth an uncomfortable conversation.

Recovery Girl's eyes shifted between All Might and Kyouka, giving her attention to the girl. "Can he?"

"Sure..." Kyouka mumbled out, only looking at Recovery Girl and not taking a glance at All Might.