The Obstacle Race

The audience's cheers began to die down as Izuku joined the rest of his classmates.

"H-How did I do up there? Please be honest." Izuku said as he looked at his friends.

"Well if I'm being honest, it was a little rough around the edges at first. But once you seemed to find your footing, the speech went very well." Momo complimented as she smiled.

Iida raised his arms to give a seal-like clap as he nodded. "I agree! You had us all worried for a moment there, but in the end I'm glad you were chosen as our first year representative!"

"Yeah and don't worry about the fact that you freaked out at first. I'm sure a lot of people would've been super scared to go up there. You were great, Dekiru." Ochako reassured as she gave a thumbs up.

"Well, in the beginning it was a complete disaster. For a minute, I wondered if you were going to pass out on stage. I mean, I've never seen someone freeze up like that. It was kind of hilariou-" Kaminari stopped himself as he noticed a red aura surrounding Kyouka as she looked him dead in the eyes. "B-But then you totally pulled through and came up with that awesome speech!"

"Um, thank you...?" The green haired boy said as he gave a blank face towards Kaminari.

"Wow, Kaminari is really good at pissing people off. First Bakugo and now Jirou within a span of a couple of minutes." Mina said, almost sounding impressed.

Tokoyami sighed as he nodded. "Yes. A fitting attribute for one such as himself."

"You were absolutely amazing out there. I'm sure your mom and All Might are both very proud of you right now. And so am I." Kyouka whispered in Izuku's ear, causing the boy's face to brighten.

"Without further ado, it's time for us to get started!" Midnight shouted as she held the mic.

"U.A really doesn't believe in letting us catch a breath, huh?" Ochako asked as she sighed.

"This is where you begin feeling the pain! The first fateful game of the festival!" Midnight announced as she raised her whip before a holographic screen appeared behind her as it started spinning through the options. "What could it be?" The screen then stopped with the words 'Obstacle Race' on it. "Ta-dah!"

"An obstacle course?" Izuku asked before starting to smile. "I don't think I could've asked for a better game in the first round."

"Huh? What do you mean by that? Is your new technique suited for this?" The purple haired girl asked as she placed a hand on her hip.

Ochako overheard this as she looked at the two friends. "New technique? What is it, Dekiru? You gotta tell me!"

The green haired boy rubbed the back of his neck as he shook his head. "I'd rather show than tell during the first round. But I think I'll have a decent chance to show off my quirk in this game."

"All 11 classes will participate in this treacherous contest. The track is 4 kilometers around the outside of the stadiums. I don't wanna restrain anyone, at least in this game." Midnight explained before licking her lips. "As long as you don't leave the course, you're free to do whatever your heart desires! Now then, take your places, contestants!"

All of the students walked towards the exit as 3 green lights turned on right above the doorway.

'Okay, it's just an obstacle race. That doesn't sound bad.' Kyouka thought to herself as she watched the lights slowly turn off one at a time. 'Training with Izuku these past 2 weeks helped me build up my stamina so I shouldn't have much of a problem.'

The final light then turned off as Midnight cracked her whip. "Begin!"

Suddenly, all of the students made a mad dash for the door, each one of them hoping to get ahead of everyone else.