A Start

Since Kyouka came back from her exam, both she and Izuku watched Momo and Shoto pass their exam against Aizawa. After that, the two friends continued to watch other matches. There were a few who failed, but most of their classmates ended up passing.

He was happy to see those who passed and felt bad for those who didn't. Well, maybe it's a blessing in disguise that Mineta failed since he won't be at camp with the rest of the girls.

He had left right before he could see the conclusion of Koda and Aoyama's match, but he had faith that they would both pass.

But now, it was time for the final matchup of the day, and the one everyone is equally interested and dreading to watch.

Izuku stood next to Katsuki in the city of Ground Beta, the time for their exam starting now.

Katsuki only scoffed as he glanced at Izuku before starting to walk down the main road, cracking his knuckles.

Izuku internally groaned, watching his old friend from behind and knowing exactly what he has in mind. 'You're unbelievable, Kacchan. I wish I could jus-No, I have to calm myself and focus on passing this exam. I don't want to get caught up in my emotions like I did in the battle trial.'

Izuku ran forward to catch up to Katsuki, placing his hand on his shoulder. "Kacchan, you're not seriously thinking of taking on All Might all by yourself, right?"

Katsuki shoved Izuku's hand away. "Stay out of my way, Deku. I'm warning you."

'Teamwork is key, Izuku. Don't forget that. If I encounter a miracle, I may be able to convince him to work with me. Even if only for a moment.'

"Kacchan, you should know that the only way we can pass this exam is if we work together." Izuku put his hand back on his shoulder. "Even with All Might as our opponent, we have a solid chance."

"Shut it. I'm not going to give you another warning." Katsuki shoved his hand away again. "I'm going to beat him down and pass this stupid exam without your help."

"You know we can't do that. Even with those weights on him, we're not strong enou-"

Katsuki immediately swung a backhand toward Izuku's face. But Izuku caught Katsuki's gauntlet and slightly lowered it, making direct eye contact with him as he put pressure on the gauntlet to keep it in place. The impact of the swing slightly stung his hands, making him wonder just how heavy those things were.

Izuku could see the pure rage in Katsuki's eyes, but he didn't let himself get intimidated by this look. "You have 5 seconds to let go, Deku. I'm starting to get pissed off now."

"I'm not letting go until you agree to hear me out and cooperate with me."

"5."

"I can be as stubborn as you sometimes."

"4."

"Can you please stop counting and talk to me?"

"3."

"I don't want to fail this exam because of your refusal to work with me."

"2."

"Dammit Kacchan, for once can you listen to someone other than yourself?!"

Before Katsuki could count to 1, both boys could hear a shockwave rapidly coming at them, destroying everything in its path.

Izuku quickly used 13% to tackle Katsuki out of the way as the shockwave finally arrived, sending debris flying everywhere and a strong gust of wind sent the two boys flying a little farther than Izuku intended.