The Cavalry Battle

Izuku and Kyouka's laughter finally began to die down as they realized that they were in each other's arms before they both immediately backed away with their faces being completely red.

"G-Guess we got caught up in the moment, huh?" Izuku asked as he rubbed the back of his neck, looking away.

"Y-Yeah... But nothing wrong with a celebratory hug between two friends, right?" Kyouka asked as she brushed her hair behind her ear.

Izuku nodded and smiled while the purple haired girl looked towards the audience as her face only became redder, starting to grab onto her head. 'We just hugged in front of thousands of people and millions of people are probably watching from their TVs... Shit, did my parents see that? And they're having a party with all of the neighbors and they saw all of that!'

A few seconds later, Todoroki and Bakugo emerged from the doorway with the former arriving first.

Bakugo started to shake in anger as he grabbed onto his arm and clenched his teeth while Todoroki just looked at Izuku for a few moments before turning away.

"The contestants are pouring in one after the other! Let's hear some applause for all our competitors as we prepare the results!"

"Dekiru! Jirou! That was amazing!" Ochako shouted as she ran towards the two friends, looking very worn out. "I can't believe the two of you got first place! I'm jealous!"

Meanwhile, Iida seemed to be mumbling to himself as a gloomy aura surrounded him, disappointed at his own performance.

"Thanks, but I can't take all the credit." Izuku said before looking at his best friend. "Kyouka helped out a bunch and she's the reason I managed to take the lead from Todoroki and Kacchan."

The red on Kyouka's face that had started to leave came back as she began to rub her arm. "Hey, it was nothing... I wouldn't even be there if you hadn't carried me on your back. You literally carried us."

Ochako giggled as she put her hand over her mouth. "The two of you really are the best of friends, huh?"

Soon enough the rest of the students finally finished the obstacle race, the first round officially being over now.

All of the students were now gathered in front of the stage again before Midnight began to speak. "The first game for the first years is finally over, and what a game it was! Now let's take a quick look at the standings, shall we?"

Everyone's placements in the race were shown on the big screen with Izuku and Kyouka both having 1st place, Todoroki having 3rd place, Bakugo having 4th place, and finally a sick-looking Aoyama having 42nd place.

"Only the top 42 will advance to the next round. But don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut. We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine." Midnight said before kicking her lips. "Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight! Give it your best!" She then raised her whip before the holographic screen appeared behind as it started spinning through the options. "Let's see what we have in store for you next. Will your wildest fantasies come to life? What could it be? The waiting is torture. Prepare yourselves... for this!"

Soon the screen stopped on the words 'Cavalry Battle' as Kyouka raised an eyebrow. "How's that going to work?"

"Allow me to explain. The participants will form teams of two to four people as they see fit." Midnight explained with an image of All Might riding Thirteen's, Present Mic's, and Snipe's backs appeared on the screen. "In theory, it's basically the same as a regular playground game. But there is one difference. Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle race."