Chapter 39

Lily's POV

We all wipe away our tears before we head to Savannah's room. We didn't want to put any other extra stress on her or worry her. I can't just lose my best friend, I bluntly think. I may be the quiet, reserved one in our group but if anything happened to any of us, I would never stay quiet.

We enter Sav's room and my heart breaks at what I see. She was hooked up to so many machines. It killed me to see her like that. I could already feel my eyes water again. Harry goes toward her, leaves a kiss on her forehead, and says,

"Hey Sav. The gang came over to visit you."

I walk up to her and say, 

"Hey Sav. How are you feeling?"

"I've doing okay but I've definitely been better," she chuckles. My eyes water and a tear drops.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry, I'm fine, you guys," Savannah says. 

I notice that the rest of the group had tears coming down their faces too. Savannah was one of our best friends. We had all know each other since elementary school. Even though we met Nate and Haley later in college, we were all still close. None of us wanted to lose Savannah. She was the best of us. She didn't deserve this.

Savannah's POV 

When the gang comes to visit me in the hospital, I notice they were all crying. Harry probably told them about my condition.

"Hey Sav. How are you feeling?" Lily asks.

"I've doing okay but I've definitely been better," I chuckle, trying to lighten the mood. Lily nods and I notice her eyes begin to water more and a tear drops.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry, I'm fine, you guys," I say. 

Ivy comes over crying and says, 

"I can't lose you Sav..."

"You won't lose me," I say, "I won't ever let you guys lose me. If I have to end up leaving you, you'll still have all the memories of me."

I can see Harry trying to fight the tears, while everyone else pulls me into a hug. 

After a while

When everyone starts to leave so I can get some rest, I see Haley lingering a little.

"I'll meet you in the lobby," she tells Nate. He nods and leaves the room. When it was only us in the room, she comes toward me.

"Hey Sav," she says quietly.

"Hey Hales, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing's really wrong," she says as she wipes some stray tears, "I just wanted to let you know all the deadlines you had for the book are gone."

"Haley, you don't have to do that," I say.

"No, I want to. I don't want you to have any extra stress, and if you ever need any help or someone to talk to, I'm here," she says.

I nod and say, "Thanks Hales."

We bid each other goodbye and I drift to sleep.

A couple days later

I was getting discharged today and Harry wouldn't stop fussing over me.

"Harry, I'm fine," I say softly, "I feel fine and I don't want you to worry about me so much."

"I know, but last time..." Harry starts.

"I know," I say, knowingly, "I know."

We head home and Harry says, 

"Come on, head to bed."

"I feel fine, Harry. I don't wanna go to bed now," I say.

"Wait, did you hear that?" Harry asks.

"What?" I ask curious.

He bends down to my stomach and says, 

"Yeah I agree, Little Bean, momma should definitely get some rest."

I chuckle and say fine, as Harry ushers me into our bedroom.

________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. ❤️❤️