Chapter 28

Harry's POV:

I let the boys in on my plan and they agreed that it was only right that I did this. I can only hope this will work. 

Savannah's POV:

Well, new day, new me, right?  I wore my black jean skirt and one of my crop tops and my whites sneakers, as usual. Once I got to my locker, I once again heard those gossip girls behind me talking about me and I really wasn't having it today. I turned to them and I was about to pop off.

"I got dumped, okay? I'm not deaf, I can obviously hear you talking about me and I've had enough of it. If you wanna say anything about me, you can say it to my face. Okay? Now, do we have anything to say?"

They nodded no, and walked off. Serves them right. 

I notice Ivy walking over to me and I meet her halfway. 

"Hey, did you hear?" Ivy asked.

"Hear what?"

"Apparently, the juniors and seniors have an assembly for college applications and shit during first period," she said.

"Yeah, I been knew. It was on the school calendar. Why didn't you know?"

"Girl, do you think I'd be wasting my time reading a school calendar?" She asked rhetorically.

I rolled my eyes, as I said, "Let's go."

We continued talking as we reached the auditorium. As Ivy and I were scouting for seats, I noticed Lily, and the boys in a row. I waved over to Ivy and signaled her to follow me.

"Hey guys," I say.

"Heyo," Linc says, "Did you know we had this today? I literally just found out ten minutes ago."

I laughed and turned to Ivy and said, "You two are a match made in heaven."

We continued talking, until we saw Principal Dunphy go up stage and clear his throat using the microphone, to get our attention. 

"As most of you should know, college applications are approaching and this seminar is to basically to tell you that and and give you study tips and such-,"

Before he could even continue, I turned to Lily and said, "This is so boring," before she tells me, "Wait, look."

I look onto the stage and I see Harry.

Before I catch myself, I hear myself say, "Harry?" in a soft tone.

"Mr. Rockwell, what're you doing here? Go back to your seat," Principal Dunphy said, just as confused as I.

"Just give me five minutes, please," he said.

Principal Dunphy hesitantly agreed and handed the mic to Harry.

"Most of you know me. I'm Harry Rockwell. Some of you know me from my friend group. Some of you know me as the kid who filled Principal Dunphy's office with frogs," he says. I chuckle, as he notices Principal Dunphy's reaction. "Probably shouldn't have admitted that one, but almost all of you know me as the guy who's rude and bullies Savannah Thompson. That was my biggest mistake. Bullying Savannah. Savannah is the best person I've ever met. Despite that way I treated her in the past, she gave me a chance. She gave me her trust and risked her reputation dating me and I broke that trust. I shouldn't have. Savannah, I love you and I'm sorry for the time I've wasted being too scared or jealous to admit it. I'm so sorry for hurting you and pushing you away because I wasn't able to admit that hold you have over me. A hold so strong that I feel like I can't breathe when you aren't with me. I love you, Savannah Thompson. I loved you yesterday, I love you today, and I always will love you for the rest of my life because it's always been you."

Without even knowing, I feel a tear fall down my face. Harry walks off the stage and goes out the door. I quickly get up and I try to catch up to him. When I enter the hallway, he was nowhere to be seen. There was one other place he could be. The place it all started.

~~

The playground. I saw him sitting on the swings. Without saying anything, I sat in the swing next to him.

Breaking the silence, I say, "Did you mean it?"

He looks at me.

"Did you mean it? What you said?" I repeated.

"Yes. I meant every word. I'm so sorry, Savannah. I found out it was a set up and I didn't actually kiss Madeline. She kissed me and I didn't kiss her back. Before I processed what happened, I pushed her off and you already left with the impression I kissed her. I'm so sorry Ang-, Savannah," he said.

"Angel."

"Hm?"

"Angel. I forgive you but I think we should think that we should take things a bit slower for now," I say.

He smiles and kisses me. "I love you, Savannah."

"I love you too, Harry."

_________________________ 

♥️♥️