Chapter 11

A few days later...

Storm's POV

"Ayeee look who it is!" Jonathan yelled as I walked into my store. I smiled as customers looked at me in shock. Surprise Shawty!

"Hey guys" I said to my workers. Jonathan, Taylor, and Christina really been holding it down for me since I've been gone. I love these guys so much!

"Where have you been?" Taylor asks me.

"Hiding from the world" I said to her and we both laughed a little.

"Well I'm glad you're back, we missed you" Christina says and I smiled at her.

"I missed you guys too" I said and pulled them into a hug.

"Ok enough with the hugs" Jonathan whines as he pulls away.

"Boy you know you missed her the most" Taylor says and he rolls his eyes.

"So what brings you here Storm?" Christina asks.

"Well I wanted to check on you guys, the store. Restock if I have to" I said shrugging.

"Well while you were gone, we kinda got that covered. We didn't know how to exactly order the jewelry, so we left the papers in your office. Hoping you'll see it one day" She says.

"And that day is today" Taylor says. I nodded and walked to my office. I opened my door and stood as I stared inside.

"Looks the same" I said to myself. I haven't been here since...that day. I sighed and walked around and sat in my seat. I looked at the papers in front of me and man, I had a lot of stuff to order.

"Oh Storm, someone also left this for you a while ago. We forget to tell you about it" Taylor says walking in. It was a little cardboard box on it with orange tape on it.

"Thank you Tay" I said to her and put the box down. She then turns to walk away.

"Hey Taylor!" I called her back.

"Yea?"

"How's your mom?" I asked her. She instantly smiled.

"She's getting better. She thinks about you everyday. Without your help she probably wouldn't be here today" She smiled at me.

"I'm glad to hear she's doing well, tell her I say hello" I said to her smiling.

"Will do" She says, before walking away. I grab a folder from my drawer and put the papers in it before putting them away in my bag. I then look at the box. I wonder what it is. I grab it and see my name and store address on it. It was shipped from England. Ooo England.

"Let's open this bad boy up" I said and tore the tape off of it. I opened the box, just to see a flat square pink box. I opened it and there was a note, and a picture. I read the note first.

Dear LaMelo,

We are sorry for the delay, it took a while for us to make this bracelet because you requested for it to be as unique as the person you wanted this for. We hope you and Storm both enjoy this beautiful handmade piece and we hope to work with you again.

Love, The Uk Jewelers

P.S. We wish Storm a Happy Birthday!

I looked at the note in confusion. My birthday....this note was made 2 years ago. Melo must've gotten me something from around my birthday when he was alive. I then looked at the picture. I gasped and tears instantly welled up in my eyes. It was a picture of Melo and I laughing while we sat court side at the All Star game a few years back. This was one of my favorite memories of us because we were so happy this day and all we did was make dumb jokes and laugh. I bit my lip as I tried to hold back my tears. I miss you Melo...