Chapter 68

Two years later....

Storm's POV

As I stood at my window, I watched everyone in the big backyard. These past two years have been amazing I couldn't have been happier.

While I was pregnant, I had to take care of myself and Josh. I had to make sure I got him to every doctors appointment and physical therapy. I'm not complaining though, we got to spend so much time together and I continued to learn more about one another. Even though I've known him since I was 17. Later on in the year, we had a wedding and went to Cancun for our honeymoon. It was a great get away and we had the time of our lives!

As time went by, Josh and Melo worked together to get better. Josh was able to get back to playing basketball last year. He still played amazingly and kept his title as one of the best NBA players. For Melo now, things were a bit more difficult. He had to learn how to walk again and do things on his own. We all helped him out, as well as the physical therapist. It irritated Melo that he couldn't do something on his own and he always needed help.

I watched him cry, get angry, express all of these emotions by himself. He only let me see him like that. Not even Peyton. It pained me that he felt hopeless, so I stopped helping him. He wanted something, I told him to get it by himself. And if he falls, you get back up and try again. And it worked.

Now for our children! I had an amazing pregnancy, as well as Peyton, and Heaven. Feels good to say that.

Peyton had her son. LaMelo Unviverse Ball Jr. Also known as LJ. She named him after Melo which he loved. Melo always wanted a Junior. He even looked just like him, and had similar personalities. She was introduced to the ball family and they loved her. I'm so happy they did!

Heaven had her daughter. Shariah Nevaeh O'neal. She was a beautiful smart girl and looked just like Heaven. And then there's me, I had my daughter. Chelsey Lightning Bolt Christopher. I wasn't a big fan of giving birth twice. It hurt twice as bad. It's probably what I get for changing my future. 

She was a perfect mixture of Josh and I, and I couldn't help but be happy. She had her dad's goofiness and her mother's independence. She was also the type to rarely cry. If something happened to her, she'd just get up and brush it off. Mommies strong girl. And when it came to doing something she liked or had interest in, she killed it. In a good way. For being so young, she was so smart. I don't call her lightning bolt for nothing. And I know someone will ask, yes we ended up adopting Lola, Marcus, and Kevin. I loved that I got to adopt them again! And I'll make sure Cali never gets to them.

But here we are today, at my daughters second birthday party. I'm glad Melo is here to witness it.

"You ok?" I heard behind me. I turned around and seen Josh leaned against the door frame.

"Yea, I'm great" I said turning to him. Felt good to say this too.

"You've been so happy these past few years" He says and walks over to me. He grabs my hand and holds it.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked him.

"No of course not. I love that you've been so happy" He says smiling.

"Life is just amazing and I'm happy that everyone is here to celebrate our baby today" I said to him.

"Speaking of" He says as we heard small feet running up the stairs. Chelsey runs into the room.

"Mama" She says. I look at her and a smile is instantly brought to my face.

"Yes baby" I said picking her up.