Chapter 33

A few days later

Storm's POV

After I saw Kai in my store, we went out to walk around in the city and catch up. He was back because his business in Sudan was fulfilled so he decided to come to California for a bit. I was glad that he was back around and honestly missed his company. The last time I seen him was after Melo's funeral. He came over to check up on me but I didn't really let him. But Kai has always been an amazing person towards me, and still is. He checked up on me multiple times over the years and asked about everything that's been going on. I told him and he was so understanding about it all. Kai is someone who I need around right now.

A few days has gone and man, I was bored. I wanna work again but everyone has dropped their deals with me until things get better. Saweetie has been breaking her back trying to figure things out for me but it's just been hard. I thank god for her.

It was a Friday and the kids had a off day at school. They wanted to go see Cali but Josh and I said no because of the issues Cali and I got going on. The last thing that we want is to involve the kids in our mess. Right now I was in the kitchen making dinner for everyone. Fried rice with fried chicken, string beans, and mashed potatoes. The potatoes for Chelsey of course. And for dessert the kids can have some chocolate cake.

I haven't spoken to the girls since the hospital and I lowkey missed them. Well actually, I have spoken to Peyton, Luzzy, and Heaven. It's Star that I haven't spoken to. I missed her the most because we were so close. I hated that we fought like that, and I understand why she was mad at me. Star cares so much about me and only wanted to help but didn't do it in a way that I liked. And I got more mad then I should've because of the bottled up anger that I have. We are both the problem. I sighed as I grabbed my phone and FaceTimed her. She answers and all I see is her forehead.

"Why am I only seeing your forehead?" I asked her in confusion. Star was the type to always pose in the camera or just do the most.

"I-I'm in the middle of s-something" She stuttered.

"Sorry, I was just gonna ask if you could come over" I said to her.

"S-Sure. I'll be over sooonnnn" She drags out before hanging up. I look at my phone weirdly before putting it down. Ok...

"Storm! We need your advice!" Kevin says loudly as him and Marcus walk in the kitchen. I grabbed the knife and the silver bowl ready to peel the potatoes.

"What's up?" I asked glancing at them. They take a seat in front of me and sigh.

"We have an issue" Kevin says.

"Two actually" Marcus says.

"What's the small issue?" I asked them. With them, their was always the small issue and a big one. I liked to get the small issue out of the way.

"Our snow come machine is broken. Chelsey broke it" Marcus says. I stopped peeling the potatoes and looked at them. Ugh these boys. I promised them a snow cone machine to keep their mouth shut to Josh about where I was. How the hell did they break it?

"Chelsey's little self broke it? Or was she around when y'all broke it and just chose to blame it on her?" I asked them. They looked at each other before looking back at me. Caught they asses.

"Ummm..." Marcus says.

"Next topic, we got a bigger issue Storm" He says.

"What is it Kevin?" I asked him.

"We like these girls but they don't seem to notice us" He says. I looked at the two boys in front of me and started laughing. This is definitely a conversation they need to have with Josh.