#25 Yellow Roses

I wasn't returning to finish my school year at Hogwarts. Since the O.W.Ls were done and all remaining classes not as important as sorting my private mess out, Dumbledore assured me I should immediately head home.

He ordered Remus to bring me back to my mother, who still hadn't a clue what happened.

I wasn't sure how much she was into it, how much she actually knew about my father's doing.

But I knew that telling her about everything, was the last drop which would make me drown in the blackness threatening to sink in as I hold tight around the man's body, while he flew me right to the porch of our Mansion.

I didn't need to ask him, if he would stay to tell my mother. He wasn't even thinking about leaving as she opened our door confused, probably believing that father would return alone after sending Maribel back to Hogwarts.

But as soon as she saw my wet and exhausted face, the strains of blood still slightly on my pale skin, she sensed it.

And in the moment I started crying and sunk to my knees, she knew.

I lost all emotional awareness, while Lupin explained her what happened. And she listened with no expression on her face.

I saw my mother crying twice in my life.

The first time as the accident on the river happened, the time she believed my sister could die. And that day, as this biggest fear of a mother became reality.

For weeks she intended to sit still on the couch in her bed robes all day until it was too late for her to get changed.

The first time I saw her in normal, superior attire was for father's hearing at the Ministry.

Our consultant assured us that we should testify on his behave to reduce his sentence, but I couldn't. He wasn't facing the kiss, just a long, long time closed away.

Mother told me that she knew about his part in the Dark Lords inner circle, that he wanted Maribel to be a part of it since she should be the one continuing the Malfoy family. And with Lucius being in first row on Voldemort's side, she needed at least to acknowledge that.

But she didn't know about the prophecy, that Maribel was threatened to have such a big part, or about the mission in the Ministry to get to Harry.

Although other than her, I simply couldn't testify in his behave. I believed I couldn't even look him in the eye ever again. And I really didn't know how mother could.

The daily prophecy was ripping our family story, along with the Malfoys, apart. Digging out the contract, the details about Maribel for a memorial double page and bringing up different ministry colleges testifying about, that they always thought, that my father was a part of the dark side. There wasn't a day on which there wasn't an article plastering the front page.

It was the day of Lucius hearing, that I fired it in the flames of our chimney after I threw up my whole breakfast for seeing the blonde man's face again. Since then every daily prophet directly landed in the fireplace before I even lay one eye on it.

I was glad to had my friends. Even though I wasn't the best keeping in contact.

The more I was relieved to have them with me on Maribel's funeral. Mother didn't care about anything other, so even Hermione was there, along with Harry, Ron, Luna, El, Theo and Blaise.

The latter stationed himself next to me, laying his arm around me in the best attempt to spend me some support. El right behind me, not daring to lift her hand from my shoulder once.

Maribel's funeral wasn't at all like I thought it would me - not that I had spent just one thought on it.

Mother always told us that even though Maribel and I were different in the core, we had the same soul. Just simply split in two. It never occurred to me that we were born together and would die alone. That she died without me.