➤ 𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

【𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗】

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

THE MASS OF BLUE FLARES IN THE SKY SIGNIFIED THAT THE expedition had come to an end. While Himari knew that it should have comforted her, she couldn't bring herself to feel relieved about the order to retreat. Then had been out there not even half a day and already they were being told to turn around.

Not knowing what had happened with the female titan, Captain Levi and Selma had put Himari on edge. The scream had awakened a sense of nervousness inside her that had her clutching desperately at the handles of her blades as though they were her lifeline. 

She'd become restless and nervous and had resorted to shredding handfuls of leaves to give her something to keep her occupied.

"Looks like it's over," Gunther said, upon noticing the flare.

"Are you okay?" Eren asked Himari as she jumped down onto the thick branch he was standing on, dropping handfuls of shredded greenery out of the tree and onto the ground below.

"Why?" She asked curiously. Eren gave a shrug of his shoulders, doing his best to look impassive.

"You seem tense." Himari blinked, raising her eyebrows at Eren as she straightened up, brushing loose leaf bits off the knees of her uniform pants.

"I wonder why?" She replied and Eren sent her a weak smile, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Yeah. Good point." It was quiet for a moment before Himari cleared her throat, trying to break the uncomfortable tension that had settled between the two.

"Are... uh... you okay?" She asked. Eren turned to her in surprise, not having expected her to ask.

"Uh... yeah. Thanks. For earlier, y'know," he mumbled as he looked down, pretending to fix his ODM gear. Himari sighed.

"You know I wouldn't have drawn my blades at you, right?" She said, causing him to look up, kaleidoscope green meeting shimmering liquid gold.

"What?"

"Earlier. I saw the look you gave me when you saw me reach for my blades. I only did it because Petra did the same when she saw you raise your hand." Eren looked a little embarrassed. He gave a noncommittal shrug of his shoulders. He looked over at Petra, Oluo, Eld and Gunther who were talking quietly amongst each other. His eyes darted down to Petra's hand, where he spotted the faint outline of teeth marks embedded in her screen in a crescent moon.

"Do you trust them?" Eren asked. 

"I trust them to follow orders and do what they've been told," Himari replied almost immediately. Eren raised an eyebrow as he looked back at her.

"But you don't trust them." Himari gave a shrug of her shoulders.

"I don't know them. I don't trust people I don't know." And it was true. Despite spending every waking moment around the Levi Squad, she hardly knew anything about them. It had taken her little more than a year to warm up to the rest of her friends in the 104th division.