➤ 𝐈

【𝐎𝐍𝐄】

𝐎𝐍𝐄

*.·:·.✧    ✦    ✧.·:·.*

"HEY! SOMEONE GET HER, SHE'S STEALING!"

The steady rhythm of her feet hitting the floor echoed through her ears. Her heart pounded with each step she took, her eyes darting left and right as she searched hurriedly for a way out. She pulled the black hood further down over her forehead, causing her golden eyes to shine impishly in the shadows as she glanced over her shoulder at the oncoming garrison soldiers.

There had to be at least five of them, all of them itching to get their hands on the young thief who was notorious for stealing in broad daylight in the marketplace of Shiganshina. Women screamed and men yelled as the young woman darted in and out of the bustling crowd going about their daily shopping. She didn't care who she shoved out of the way, so long as she made it to her destination.

The garrison troops continued chasing her, despite the fact that they were growing slower and she was only getting faster, as though the chase excited her; gave her a boost of adrenaline each time their fingertips were mere centimetres away from the ragged jacket she had pulled over her shoulders. She leapt up onto a nearby stall that was covered in rags, ignoring the cry of surprise the storeowner let out when she saw the thief sprinting across it. Cloths of sky-blue and grass-green fluttered into the air as the black leather boots of the sprinting girl kicked them up in their wake, sending them into the faces of the troops pursuing her.

Taking a flying leap off the end of the stall, the girl reached out with her gloved hands, the tattered leather ripping as she grabbed ahold of a metal support beam that held up the shingled roof of the pub stationed just behind the market stalls she had run across. Swinging her body back for momentum, the girl launched herself forward feet-first before reaching out and grabbing ahold of the sun-baked rooftop of the building beside the pub. She swung a leg up with ease, scoffing beneath the mask she had tied around her face as the garrison troops gathered beneath her, grumbling amongst each other. There were too many civilians around for them to be able to use the flying gear strapped to their waists and they were all just a little bit drunk and too out-of-shape to even consider pulling an action as reckless as the one that the white-haired thief had.

Checking to make sure she still had the fresh fruit in her bag that she had stolen from the marketplace earlier, she counted the six apples she'd swiped, all juicy and green and hummed appreciatively to herself. Another job well done, she thought as she stood up, brushing off her gloved hands on the black, worn pants that were somewhat baggy around her legs, but tight around her ankles.

Her boots dug into the shingles of the roof, no doubt causing panic for whoever was inside the building, but the girl only closed her bag once more and stationed it comfortably around her neck. With the Garrison troops still on the floor swearing profusely at the girl who had managed to get away from them once more, the girl lifted a hand, showing them all the middle finger before she turned and fled the scene, jumping easily from roof to roof without much fear of falling.