➤𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

【𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓】

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

HIMARI YELPED AS SHE SMACKED THE BACK OF HER HEAD hard against the stone wall behind her. She groaned a second later when Armin shot up from her lap, head crashing hard into the underside of her chin.

"Huh - oh, sorry, Himari!"

Himari only waved it off, pulling both herself and Armin to their feet as they peered into Eren's cell, only to see that the boy was sitting up in his bed, tears slipping silently down his cheeks. His eyes were wide and terrified, glittering with an ominous sense of horror that seemed to darken in the dim lighting of the dungeon.

"W-Where is this? Who am I?" Eren was clutching at the front of his shirt, grabbing the white material hard between his fingers. Himari crouched down in front of his cell, her fingers curling around the bars.

His breathing was raggedy and uneven, his eyes wide and alert. Himari caught sight of the way he was kneading his shirt between his fingers, tugging away from his neck in a way all too familiar to her.

"Hey. Over here, Eren," she called out softly, as not to upset the boy anymore than he already was. His kaleidoscope eyes landed on the white-haired girl sitting on the other side of the bars from him. His legs caught up in the thin sheet covering his body, nearly causing him to stumble as he scrambled off the bed and hurried over to the familiar face on the floor.

"You're in the stockades," Armin started quietly, eyes darting down to Himari sitting on the floor beside him. She reached a hand through the bars, extending it towards Eren and he took it a moment later, grabbing desperately at the warmth so familiar to him.

"You and Mikasa are serving time for insubordination."

"Mikasa's on the other side of the wall. She's here too. We're all here." Himari caught sight of the dark-haired girl appearing in front of the bars of her own cell, fingers curling around the metal.

"Were you having a nightmare, Eren?" Eren looked down, running his fingertips gently over Himari's hand in his lap. His eyes remained fixated on the part of her that he could hold, familiarising himself with something that came as a comfort to him in the cold, unfamiliar territory he had woken up in.

"Yeah..." he mumbled. "I was."

Armin frowned to himself, gaze flickering diligently to the quiet boy on the floor and the girl in front of him.

"You just said... 'Who am I?'" Eren rose an arm, wiping his face with his sleeve as he sniffed quietly and looked up, blinking at the bright light of the torch stationed on the wall behind Armin.

"Huh?"

"You did." Mikasa peered as best as she could into Eren's cell beside her, just able to make out the sight of the brunet boy sitting on the floor beside Himari in the very corner of his cell. "Are you crying, Eren?"