➤ 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

【𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍】

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO GET MY HANDS ON the background report for Annie Leonhardt."

Himari, who was sitting away from the rest on top of a solid crate, had pulled her knees to her chest, her arms wrapped around them. She'd been ghostly pale and silent ever Hange had hushed her in the cart, not wanting Himari to speak the names of the Colossal and the Armoured Titans in an open area where anyone could be listening.

Eren and Mikasa had stared at the girl in shock, taking in her trembling hands and the deathly pallor in her cheeks, while Armin had merely frowned.

"Annie's?" Eren asked, glancing over at Himari. The sight of her so still and quiet unsettled him - it was unlike her. Himari barely flinched at the girl's name.

"Yeah. It's taken so long to get it because managing these reports is such a mess right now. According to this, there were two others belonging to the 104th Cadet Corps who came from the same area as her." 

Annie's hometown. The place she had come from, but had never revealed to Himari. She'd never told her where it was she'd grown up, other than that she'd lived with her father in a fairly secluded home. Whether she had siblings or extended family, Himari hadn't known. Annie had never told her.

"And those two are..." Hange trailed off, looking up at the four in order to survey their expressions. However, they never got the chance to finish their sentence as Himari had done it for them.

"Reiner Braun and Bertholdt Hoover." 

Everyone looked over at the girl, noticing the sudden hollowness in her tone. It sounded oddly disconnected from the rest of her body, like she was trying to distance herself from reality. Her eyes had not moved from their spot on the floor and she was beginning to pick at a loose thread on her sleeve absentmindedly. Eren blinked, his gaze darting between Himari and Hange.

"Huh?"

Himari stood up off the crate and walked over to the table in the centre of the room, beside Sasha. As she came into the light of the torches, Sahsa noticed the sudden darkness in the usually bright gaze of her white-haired friend. Himari, who had become easier to read over the few years they'd spent together, had once hidden herself behind the wall she'd constructed in her mind. Sasha's heart dropped into her stomach at the sight.

"Thanks to the chaos five years ago, pretty much all of their family records are spotty or missing. However... During the long-range scouting formation, their unit was given false information. They were among those purposely told that Eren was in the right-wing," Hange continued. The words had meant nothing to Himari, but Armin gasped loudly. Her gaze, which had become unfocused as she stared at the table before her, moved up to settle on the blond boy's face.