➤ 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈

【𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄】

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

THE BLOOD THAT COVERED THE WALLS SEEMED to be never-ending. The stone of the underground tunnel that Himari, Mikasa, Eren and Armin had tumbled into was practically painted in red, the thick smell of it mixing with the scent of dirt in their noses. Himari coughed, pushing herself up into a sitting position as her eyes widened at the dead bodies that surrounded them. Some of them were crushed beneath the debris, their bodies broken and mangled as a result of the rocks, while others had had their necks or spines broken upon being thrown into the walls and down the stairs. Annie had massacred them.

Himari did her best to ignore the painful throbbing in her ribs. Getting thrown to the ground had done nothing to help the deep ache in her torso. She pressed a hand against her side and gritted her teeth as she pushed herself to her feet. The two boys in front of her and Mikasa were frozen in shock, their eyes wide as they took in the horrific sight before them.

"Hey - there's no time to grieve now. We need to move!" Himari announced, feeling the familiar sensation of her skin prickling as impenetrable blue circled itself around Himari's ribs. She ran her fingers against her side, feeling the familiar sensation of the hardened skin beneath the flimsy bandage tied around her.

Eren and Armin snapped out of their dazes at Himari's words, just as a sudden large, pink hand appeared, the knuckles of the Female Titan slamming into the wall that had been covered in blood just as Armin and Eren leapt to their feet.

Mikasa grabbed Eren, hauling him out of the way of the debris just as Himari pushed Armin's shoulder gently, making sure to stay behind him so she'd take the brunt of the damage.

"Damn! That ring... She knew we were lying from the very start! She saw the ambush coming from a mile away! Surely there must've been a better way!" Armin said, glancing over his shoulder momentarily at Himari who remained behind the three, ensuring their safety. 

"Nothing we can do about it now but move to Plan B!" Himari called, her voice echoing in the tunnel as they continued to run deeper into it. The adrenaline pumping through Himari's body and the goal of being able to capture Annie in her titan form was enough to momentarily allow Himari to forget that she was now underground, boxed in by four, stone walls.

"What should we do now?" Mikasa asked. All three of them looked towards Armin, who seemed to have the best understanding of the next stage of the plan now that the first one had failed. He looked nervous and slightly shaken, but he was steady on his feet as he continued running. He was ready to bring Annie in just as much as they all were.

"First, we rendezvous with Squad three and get above ground. Then we fight Annie - the Female Titan - as per Plan B! Eren, you'll help catch her in your titan form, just as we planned and Himari, you'll be nearby to hold her down and stop her from taking out as many soldiers as you can while we're capturing her. Alright?" Armin finalized, looking over at the brunet boy.