➤𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐕

【𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄】

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

(if you want the full experience reading this chapter,
please listen to the song attached above on repeat

as you read! <3)

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

HIMARI WAS ON HIGH ALERT AS SHE HID HERSELF in the shadows of the battlefield, keeping out of sight but not so far away that it would take time to return when she was needed. She kept one eye on the mess in front of her, watching as figures dressed all in black began their assault on the three enemy titans that had made their appearance. There was still, however, no sign of the Armoured Titan.

Himari barely winced when she heard the screams of her comrades as they were knocked out of the air by the myriad of rocks that had come straight from Zeke Jaeger's hand. She could hear the popping of an automatic machine gun as the Cart Titan fired down some of the newer recruits who were stupid enough to go after the Beast Titan, turning their backs on the quadrupedal pain in Himari's ass. 

The Jaw Titan swiped another one of Himari's comrades out of the air and his screams bounced off the buildings surrounding them as he fell off the edge of the roof, tumbling to the ground in a bloody heap.

She could see the two titans turning their heads from left to right, as though searching for something that they couldn't quite see. Himari watched as a burst of steam erupted from the back of the Jaw Titan's neck, but couldn't quite make out the face of whoever it was from the distance.

Her gaze swept across the battlefield once more and she swallowed thickly when it was momentarily illuminated in a burst of yellow-orange lightning for the third time that night. She watched with disbelief, her teeth digging into her bottom lip as Eren transformed again, his titan still showing no signs of fatigue or exhaustion. He was relentless in a determined kind of way that almost scared Himari. The way he was fighting, the way he was refusing to give up reminded her almost of herself but in a way that she didn't like. It made her skin crawl and a sick feeling settled itself in her stomach when she watched as he pushed himself to his feet once again.

Before he had the chance to move, however, the Beast Titan suddenly flung a slew of crushed rocks in a wide arc through the air. Himari had to drop to the ground, reaching up to cover her face as shattered glass and pebbles brought beads of scarlet blood to the surface of her skin. She could feel the sticky warmth of blood trickling out of an open wound on her cheek in the very spot where her arms had not managed to totally cover her face. 

A short, quiet whistle from nearby caught Himari's attention and she turned her head only to see a pair of eyes staring back at her from behind the rubble of one of the buildings Floch had blown up earlier. The familiar figure of Levi took a step into the light, still hidden behind the building but close enough for Himari to make out who it was.